Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

randooch

I'll Lock Up
imagenzo.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
It was yummy. Well beyond my means, too. A friend of mine bought a house from a woman who was recently widowed, whose husband had collected fine wines. She had no interest in wine, however, and asked my friend, "do you mind if I leave those 9 cases in the basement?"

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Still 7 cases left. I sent her a link to winebid.com to let her know what they're worth, but she seems more interested in the wine than the dollars they would bring at auction.

The one above was middle of the road. Sigh.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Nice! Good choice. A wine from a place that has been making wine since the 12th century. :p
I'll have to look for this one at the store I go to.
See, his organization is a bit askew.
I know where the Cotes Du Rhone area is, and he has a few bottles to select from. Then he might have Syrah and Shiraz together. Okay I can see that. But the prices are mixed in, and I guess that's to keep someone from just running to a certain section and swiping them, knowing all of those are ultra expensive. I can pick up a $20 dollar bottle of Syrah, and the bottle next to it can be $150. Uh no...$25 is my limit, self imposed. For $150 I'd need to see the feet that stomped on the grapes, and they had better be connected to a nice looking french gal. :)

I know where the Cotes Du Rhone area is, and he has a few bottles to select from. Then he might have Syrah and Shiraz together. Okay I can see that. But the prices are mixed in, and I guess that's to keep someone from just running to a certain section and swiping them, knowing all of those are ultra expensive. I can pick up a $20 dollar bottle of Syrah, and the bottle next to it can be $150. Uh no...$25 is my limit, self imposed. For $150 I'd need to see the feet that stomped on the grapes, and they had better be connected to a nice looking french gal. :)

You had better inspect those feet then. :p

earl

A-List Customer
Due to financial considerations, only buy blended Scotch. Went in to my liquor store to buy my usual-lower end of the $ spectrum today and was offered Teacher's Highland Cream at about 1/3 its typical price simply because their quality control failed to notice it as a little light for its volume-barely. First time I'd tried it. Mighty fine. Worth twice what I typically pay? Sure. Three times-probably not.:D Earl

Due to financial considerations, only buy blended Scotch. Went in to my liquor store to buy my usual-lower end of the $ spectrum today and was offered Teacher's Highland Cream at about 1/3 its typical price simply because their quality control failed to notice it as a little light for its volume-barely. First time I'd tried it. Mighty fine. Worth twice what I typically pay? Sure. Three times-probably not.:D Earl

There are some decent single malts at decent prices like McClelland's out there. You just have to look. :D

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Hi, I'll try the Highland Cream sometime. If I'm drinking cheap, I drink Bourbon. The cheapest bourbon is almost as good as some of the best. IN M OPINION, the difference between good Scotch and bad Scotch is light years.

Later

Hi, I'll try the Highland Cream sometime. If I'm drinking cheap, I drink Bourbon. The cheapest bourbon is almost as good as some of the best. IN M OPINION, the difference between good Scotch and bad Scotch is light years.

Later

:rofl: Bourbon. :rofl:

Bad Scotch can be pretty darned bad.

Speaking of such, I had some Remy supposedly champagne cognac. It tasted like gasoline cognac. PU!

Hi James

No wedding just yet. LOL, More of a reference to what my lovely date and I were wearing while enjoying the napa valley grapes. ( Casablanca) came to mind... She resembled Ms. Berman or at least she did after the second bottle. LOL

CCJ

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic