Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

I had a restaurants take on the aviation. It had gin, parfait amour, luxardo, fresh lemon, and a cherry. The parfait amour is a liqueur that made it a pretty purple color and was flavored with rose petals vanilla and almonds.
It was wonderful :)

Interesting. They used parfait amour instead of creme de violette and a cherry instead of a flamed lemon peel as a garnish.

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
Interesting. They used parfait amour instead of creme de violette and a cherry instead of a flamed lemon peel as a garnish.

James,

I was thinking the same, I usually make mine with Creme de Violette, although I can see that Parfait Amour would work, and is probably easier to get hold of. I also serve mine with a cherry, which compliments the Luxardo Maraschino.

On a separate note; last night I had Wychwood Pumpking Ale. Not that impressed to be honest, 4.2ABV, ruby in colour, quite hoppy, no head, and I couldn't taste the spiciness of the pumpkin or mace. Disappointing.

Danny O

James,

I was thinking the same, I usually make mine with Creme de Violette, although I can see that Parfait Amour would work, and is probably easier to get hold of. I also serve mine with a cherry, which compliments the Luxardo Maraschino.
Danny O

Yes, it would work but the taste would be slightly different. If you don't use Aviation gin then it would be even more different. :p
But the lemon peel compliments the lemon juice. :p

dnjan

One Too Many
I didn't have anything to drink last night...but tonight....hmm, so many choices! What would go well with duck and pumpkin pie?
X
BD
I prefer an off-dry reisling (halbtrochen, preferably a spatlese) with duck. Plenty of acid to go with the richness.
Exactly what I will be having for Thanksgiving.

ginfizz

One of the Regulars
Yes, it would work but the taste would be slightly different. If you don't use Aviation gin then it would be even more different. :p
But the lemon peel compliments the lemon juice. :p

It was delicious, but it was different. Not really what you think of, but certainly reminiscent of one.

TidiousTed

Practically Family
This blog was voted the best coctail blog on the net last year
0009_bamboo.jpg

Dr Bamboo's coctail blog

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner