Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

1203000032-m.jpg

alsendk

A-List Customer
A fairly new thing for me to try, has been this bottle of Rom. Normally I am an Islay whiskey man, but I have to state that this one really is very tasteful.
Any of you gents know this one?
ROMEldorado12r.jpg
[/IMG]

It comes from british Guyana and is called Demerara

Last edited:

kiwilrdg

A-List Customer
I had my first single malt: Glenlivet 12, courtesy of my older brother. I have to say, I definitely enjoyed it.

Every single malt whisky has it's own character. With a fairly smooth Speyside whiskey like Glenlivet as a first one it might be interesting to try a harsh Islay like Laphroag because it is one of the most available Islay single malts. You would have an idea of the spectrum of tastes that you can get in good whiskys. When you are tasting new whiskys you may not like all the styles at first but the more you try the more things you will find to enjoy in each one.

Try some real American "rye whiskey"it is called Dad`s Hat,made in Bucks County Pa...It`s good old straight american whiskey....

Is it made from 100% rye? Did you try the aged version or the white dog variety? :p
I like Sazerac, Jeffersons, Old Overholt and a few others. Sounds like I might have somehting new to try. I wonder how easy it would be to get out on this coast though.

Fury964

Familiar Face
Nothing special, too tired to really enjoy anything too special as I have just covered around 300 miles on the road today, so just relaxed with a couple of glasses of Cabernet Sauvignon.

Fury964

Familiar Face
Ouch! I like to spread my trips out over a couple of days, 300 miles up, 300 miles back next day. Over night with a couple of pints of beer, a good meal and a glass or two of wine. On the company of course.

Will you be on business or pleasure?

Fury964

Familiar Face
Wow! In less than 150 miles I can be in another country and another time zone! And I'm not talking about taking a plane either. In less than 300 miles I could be sipping Champagne in Reims.

Last edited:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yep, California could be a country all by itself. :p

Hi James

I go there quite a bit, nice place, MOST of the people I work with out there are great, however a lot of the US would change that to "California SHOULD be a country all by itself." I just wish I could afford to live in Long Beach. It's the only facility that know of that our company owns where you can walk to lunch at a decent restaurant.

Still drinking Old Fashioned's a lot, but some of my old friends from Kansas are in town this week so I'm drinking free hotel happy hour beer. Last night it was Amber Bock (Good) but the night before they had Ultra water.

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy