Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

A new wine for me: Godello, a varietal from Gallicia. A lovely crisp and slightly bitter white. A really fantastic wine in the £10 range. (On promotion right now at £6.49!)

Supermarkets in the UK are upping the ante in their own-brand wine offerings, and the Co-Operative are now stocking some not-often-seen types. My local branch, in addition to the Godello, have a very nice Italian Gavi.

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
Vintage gin cocktails at the newly refurbished Portobello Club, including Clover Club's, Aviation's, and Espresso Martini's, punctuated by some fine champagne.

BD, I fear the stocktake will require a recount! :whistling

Danny O

Last edited:

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Danny O,

I have to say, I dislike these photos but I loved the cocktails! However, the cocktails didn't like me. I think I turned green! ;)

James, hello there! Please do have an Aviation, on me. Loved that drink!

XBD

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
Nice to hear from you two!
I'll take an Aviation cocktail. :p

James, good evening, thank you, it's good to be back.

It was definitely Aviation gin - I do like the rebranded, art deco style, bottle, too.

You are correct, BD wasn't green :yuck:, however she did need reminding that it wasn't fruit juice!

".......sits back and waits for the BD onslaught!"

Cheers

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
You turned green!? I doubt that is possible. :p

As long as they use REAL Aviation Gin, the drink is great. :cheers1:

Oh I did, I was nearly sick in front of Danny O. Talk about embarrassing! LOL. This girl cannot hold her liquor!

James, good evening, thank you, it's good to be back.

It was definitely Aviation gin - I do like the rebranded, art deco style, bottle, too.

You are correct, BD wasn't green :yuck:, however she did need reminding that it wasn't fruit juice!

".......sits back and waits for the BD onslaught!"

Cheers

What can I say...I didn't taste any alcohol. Are you sure it wasn't juice? It's YOUR fault! *points*

I had a few glasses of sangria last night and a beer. :) No turning green this time, guess I'm making strides!

X
BD

Oh I did, I was nearly sick in front of Danny O. Talk about embarrassing! LOL. This girl cannot hold her liquor!

What can I say...I didn't taste any alcohol. Are you sure it wasn't juice? It's YOUR fault! *points*

I had a few glasses of sangria last night and a beer. :) No turning green this time, guess I'm making strides!

X
BD

:rofl: Nearly sick is better than sick. That whole room spinning thing I can live without. :p

Its probably good to get room spinning sick once in a blue moon, to remind yourself why you don't get that way all the time.

Tonight I had some Wernesgruner pilsner. Surprisingly decent beer, considering it came from Aldi. I guess anything brewed in accordance with reinheitsgebot couldn't be too bad

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Littlemill 1989

littlemill.jpg

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
On Friday: a couple of "Negroni's".

On Saturday: "Aperol Spritz". "French 75's" (gin, lemon juice, sugar syrup, topped with champagne and a touch of grenadine). "Bajan Express" (Mount Gay Eclipse run, double espresso, sugar syrup, Bitter Truth chocolate bitters). Stella Artois beer.

On Sunday: water.:whistling

Danny O

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner