Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

MK Palmer

New in Town
A 28 year old single cask Caol Ila bottled in 2008 and a couple of pints of a Scottish IPA from the Stewarts Brewery. Tough day in the rain needs something to come home to.

Uff Da

New in Town
MK Palmer said:
A 28 year old single cask Caol Ila bottled in 2008 and a couple of pints of a Scottish IPA from the Stewarts Brewery. Tough day in the rain needs something to come home to.

Sounds like a nice evening. It was pretty wet here in Seattle too. Luckily my gal had bought some white wine and sherry wine during the day for us, so I was able to relax w/ a couple glasses of wine with her and a couple friends.

dnjan

One Too Many
Uff Da said:
Luckily my gal had bought some white wine and sherry wine during the day for us, so I was able to relax w/ a couple glasses of wine with her and a couple friends.
You are definitely lucky. A woman who brings you sherry! Please elaborate. (type, opinions, etc.) It is getting so that finding sherry at a bar or restaurant is almost impossible, and I hardly go though a bottle fast enough by myself to make it worth keeping a decent bottle around.

BellyTank said:
I had some Lager that my Wife brought back from Malta.

Mind your Feckin French, please.

B
T

lol lol lol lol lol
I still love the idea of going into a bar and asking for Feckin Irish Whisky.
feckin-irish-whiskey.jpg

Levallois

Practically Family
I ordered a Tom Collins last night and the 20-something bartender looked at me twice then repeated the order like maybe I had made a mistake. Has it really come to this that bartenders don't immediately know what a Tom Collins is anymore? He made a pretty good one but I swear he went down the bar, out of sight, to look at a mixology book.

John

TallulahDahling

New in Town
Levallois said:
I ordered a Tom Collins last night and the 20-something bartender looked at me twice then repeated the order like maybe I had made a mistake. Has it really come to this that bartenders don't immediately know what a Tom Collins is anymore? He made a pretty good one but I swear he went down the bar, out of sight, to look at a mixology book.

John

I had the same problem ordering a Manhattan. A retro school of fluid therapy is desperately needed these days!!

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Went to the new Iron Hill Brewery location that's local to me.
Had 2 tulip glasses of the Belgian style Trippel they make in house. Pretty Tasty! The barkeep told me the abv was 9 and change, it had some kick!

Boodles

A-List Customer
Four Roses Small Batch

The much anticipated arrival of the good Four Roses--not that rot-gut blend which has been marketed here for more than 50 years--such as Four Roses Small Batch, Four Roses Single Barrel and even the not-so-bad yellow label have arrived near where I live but across the state line in South Carolina. I took the jar of Small Batch with me on vacation to Kiawah Island, SC, last week. Needless to say that bottle is now history. Some time back I made an error in judgement and introduced my wife to bourbon and ice, more or less to get her off the high-end clear stuff, so now my bourbon goes away twice as fast while the fancy bottled over priced vodka sits collecting dust! Mother of all bummers.

Boodles said:
The much anticipated arrival of the good Four Roses--not that rot-gut blend which has been marketed here for more than 50 years--such as Four Roses Small Batch, Four Roses Single Barrel and even the not-so-bad yellow label have arrived near where I live but across the state line in South Carolina. I took the jar of Small Batch with me on vacation to Kiawah Island, SC, last week. Needless to say that bottle is now history. Some time back I made an error in judgement and introduced my wife to bourbon and ice, more or less to get her off the high-end clear stuff, so now my bourbon goes away twice as fast while the fancy bottled over priced vodka sits collecting dust! Mother of all bummers.

Thank goodness! I thought you were drinking the four roses of old. The only side benefit of drinking the older stuff is that it saved you if your car ever ran out of gas and you happened to have a bottle handy. :eek:

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
I actually took a tour of the Four Roses Distillery when I visited Kentucky in April of 2008. While they don't age any whisky on the premises, they do everything else there. Started outside where the grain came in and went through the whole process, up and down ladders and staircases, etc. It was a neat tour, in a gritty, no-frills kind of way. We then had the obigatory tasting of their fine spirits in a room adorned with special edition bottles, stools and tables made of barrel staves, etc...

A few photos for your enjoyment:

124-2499_IMG.jpg

124-2500_IMG.jpg

125-2502_IMG.jpg

125-2505_IMG.jpg

125-2501_IMG.jpg

125-2506_IMG.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou