Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Brummagem Joe

Familiar Face
In a word.....too much (two words actually)

Basically my summer sundowner is a gin and tonic.....the problem is they slip down too easily particularly at the end of a hot summer day......I can go through three or four without blinking.......so my alternatives which are every bit as refreshing but not quite as gulpable are Campari and Soda, or Pastis (well maybe the campari is fairly gulpable but not quite as much as the g and t). For the winter, switch to the Dewar's and water.

Hemerlin

New in Town
Beuser & Angus Special

I was thinking of using Chartreuse at the next cocktail party and so I tried the "Beuser & Angus Special" today. A great drink if you love cough syrup ;) (seriously: it differed from my usual spirits of choice but was very tasty, definitely a keeper).

50 ml (1¾ oz) Chartreuse Verte
15 ml (½ oz) Luxardo Maraschino
20 ml (¾ oz) lime juice (lemon worked fine)
small egg white
a dash simple syrup (since Chartreuse and Maraschino are both sugared, you don't really need that much)
Orange Flower Water (we get it at every wholefood shop)
-->
Shake all ingredients with ice, then strain into a large old fashioned glass filled with crushed ice. Top with 5 dashes orange flower water and lemon twist.

Boodles

A-List Customer
I have not tried the Russell's Reserve Rye

goldendawn7 said:
Russles Reserve Rye, 1 ice cube.

I like the Bourbon so I must try the Rye. Is it available in the NC ABC stores?

For me last night it was a couple martinis, Boodles this time with just a little Lillet Blanc and a nicely trimmed lemon twist. Anymore it seems, many barkeeps don't have the time to prepare the lemon twist so you end up with a lot of pith. Patooey.

Boodles

A-List Customer
Four Roses Single Barrel and a bit of ice

Now that this bottling is available reasonably near my town, and so it is replaceable, I allowed myself to open the one bottle I had on hand. Not too shabby. There is, however, some taste I cannot figure out. I thought about getting my supertaster wife to try to identify the taste but that would drain the bottle twice as fast.

Boodles

A-List Customer
I hope not an equal part of the orange bitters!

Medvssa said:
Satan's Whiskers, quite good :D

Well, I used equal parts of everything because my measure broke and I have to get a new one :eek:

This drink looks to be something I need to try. I wonder why Hendricks gin given all the other tastes going into the shaker? It seems that the subtle cucumber taste in the Hendricks would disappear.

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
I couldn't taste the gin in it, with so much vermouth and all... but well, it was Sapphire, which I hear is very soft. It is the only one I have [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80