Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

dnjan

One Too Many
I wonder if the shippers are making special bottlings just for you British, as I have not seen those labels over here.

The producers, yes. But not those specific offerings from those producers.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
A collision of worlds: first free boxed merlot at the coffee house, where I had my art for their annual trinkets and baubles show, free food & drinks.
After that, we ventured to the posh, top-of-the-city Petroleum Club party for med school grads, where I ordered a gin martini (trying to keep up with my mock-Marcelled hair). The girl at the bar told me she had no vemouth (?!) but did have olive juice. So she made me a martini with Tanqueray and a massive pour of olive juice. Ick.
Granted, I'm no connoisseur, but I'm trying. Still, that massive dose of olive juice seemed so foul I had to leave the thing on a ledge and go back for a basic glass of cab sauv.

Boodles

A-List Customer
Massive pour of olive juice.

Apparently the term "slightly dirty" is lost on many barkeeps. No one who drinks dirty martinis could think that pouring a big slug of juice into the drink from the bar tray is the right thing to do. I just don't get it. I think if you just dip the bar spoon in the brine then stir the drink with it you have done enough.

ThesFlishThngs said:
A collision of worlds: first free boxed merlot at the coffee house, where I had my art for their annual trinkets and baubles show, free food & drinks.
After that, we ventured to the posh, top-of-the-city Petroleum Club party for med school grads, where I ordered a gin martini (trying to keep up with my mock-Marcelled hair). The girl at the bar told me she had no vemouth (?!) but did have olive juice. So she made me a martini with Tanqueray and a massive pour of olive juice. Ick.
Granted, I'm no connoisseur, but I'm trying. Still, that massive dose of olive juice seemed so foul I had to leave the thing on a ledge and go back for a basic glass of cab sauv.

French

Familiar Face
bottle of Anchor Steam beer

one bottle of Anchor Steam, quite delicious! a couple of weeks ago, my brother made me a "Godfather", amaretto and scotch, also quite delicious

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
The other night bourbon with a couple of ice cubes; I was going upstairs to read while the kids watched a movie.

Then the other night a g&t with Hendrick's, Q tonic and, ladies and gentlemen, I just have to shout it, the first limes from the first lime bush! My own home grown limes! My delights are few and simple...

rumblefish

One Too Many
Boodles said:
What tha...?
Sangria- Tinto = red sagria/ parrillada = barbecue, South American style/ Mollejas = sweetbreads/ Fernet branca = Italian digestive bitters/ para digerir = to digest.
If you find yourself at a South American style restaurant, especially Argentine, give their parrillada a try. I skip the chitterlings, if offered:eek:.

Boodles

A-List Customer
Thanks for the translation

I really don't know of a local South American style restaurant. I'll look out for one. For sure I'll pass on the chitterlings (chitlins).

rumblefish said:
Sangria- Tinto = red sagria/ parrillada = barbecue, South American style/ Mollejas = sweetbreads/ Fernet branca = Italian digestive bitters/ para digerir = to digest.
If you find yourself at a South American style restaurant, especially Argentine, give their parrillada a try. I skip the chitterlings, if offered:eek:.

djhatman

One of the Regulars
Not last night but tonight. I have a rule about no drinking while in school so it has been several months since I had one. I just took my last final for the semester so after this post I will be having a Godfather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy