Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you look like?

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
TommySalieri said:
I suppose I should share some of my pictures.

This is me at age 3.

scan0005.jpg

You got to drink wine when you were three ?!
I was only allowed to drink beer! :beer: :cheers1:

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You guys look so cool

What a great thread. This is about the best photo I could find, I don't have a digital camera or scanner so I have to make do with photos from my guitarist's collection. That's ol' Benny on the left, taken at Bar Broadway in Sydney:

Wes1.jpg

I look so much like my Dad in that photo, it's almost scary.

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Benny,
LOVIN it :)

Senator Jack said:
Thanks for the compliment! I've recently received new orders from my leader: Terrorize Hipsters!
:eek:fftopic:
Which ones?!

(1) hipster n. Slang. A devotee of modern jazz.

(2) Skirts and trousers where the waist band fits low on the hip rather than the waist.

(3) Those devoted to independent "indie" music and film, alternative comics, and other forms of expression outside the mainstream.

(4) "number four" http://www.hybridmagazine.com/culture/0902/dasilva.shtml

Benny Holiday

Thanks guys!

That was the first vintage suit I ever bought, it's a gem. This thread only makes me wish I could get to meet you all in person even more! We'd do the town in style, huh?

Wild Root

Gone Home
Tony in Tarzana said:
When I was growing up in the 1960s, everybody's dad looked exactly like that. lol

Everybody's dad looked exactly like that did they? That means I'm doing something right then!

Thanks Tony!

=WR=

PS. Benny, I totaly dig that suit! Very sharp for a first!

Which ones?!

(1) hipster n. Slang. A devotee of modern jazz.

(2) Skirts and trousers where the waist band fits low on the hip rather than the waist.

(3) Those devoted to independent "indie" music and film, alternative comics, and other forms of expression outside the mainstream.

(4) "number four" http://www.hybridmagazine.com/cultur.../dasilva.shtml

From The Hipster Handbook: If you live in Williamsburg, Brooklyn; Berkeley, San Francisco; Capitol Hill, Seattle; Allston, Boston; or another similar community, you're a hipster.

Considering that picture was taken in Williamsburg, we're going to go with No. 4.

My friends and I all used to live on the Lower East Side back in the days when it was cheap and dangerous. My friends were some of the pioneers in Williamsburg, moving out there around '90-'91. I moved up here to Astoria, Queens, which, sadly after all this time is turning hipster.:rage:

Regards,

Senator Jack

Daisy Buchanan

Senator Jack said:
From The Hipster Handbook: If you live in Williamsburg, Brooklyn; Berkeley, San Francisco; Capitol Hill, Seattle; Allston, Boston; or another similar community, you're a hipster
Regards,
Senator Jack
Wow, I live in Allston, that means I'm a hipster, how cool is that. I never really thought of Hem and me in that way. But, we like to stand out in a crowd, so we are probably the only two non hipsters in Allston/Boston.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Myself at age five, going up for my first helicopter ride.
JayhelicopterridecopyII.jpg

This was at Six Flags TX, as we went in I saw they had helicopter rides.
If you can picture a five year old that didn't care about the amusement park, all I could think about was that Bell-47, I still remember every detail of that flight.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Benny Holiday said:
What a great thread. This is about the best photo I could find, I don't have a digital camera or scanner so I have to make do with photos from my guitarist's collection. That's ol' Benny on the left, taken at Bar Broadway in Sydney:

Wes1.jpg

I look so much like my Dad in that photo, it's almost scary.

Youre a sharp lookin fella there, my friend. You look like Bruce Wayne in Batman the animated series (season one).

LD

VintageJess

One of the Regulars
newbw1.jpg
DSC00893.jpg

Wow, everyone really looks terrific! This is such a fun thread!
The above photos are me--one with my hubby on our wedding day, and one with my little guy last November at a Veterans' Day ceremony. (I can't believe how much he has grown since then!)

Jessica

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Love the birdcage veil Vintage Jess!

Everyone looks so dandy. What an nice looking bunch we are.

Senator Jack--I just may need to steal that brilliant robot Halloween costume idea, to inflict on my unsuspsecting unborn children.

Will post pix tomorrow when I have access to them.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Semper Fi! Oooooh Rah!

Vintage Jess, PM's sent.

The pic of your wedding is beautiful. Such a wonderful, perfect couple.

The second pic, of you and the boy, only one thing is missing from that photo.

God willing, and with the help of a few good Marines, he will be in the next pic.

Benny Holiday

Lady Day said:
Youre a sharp lookin fella there, my friend. You look like Bruce Wayne in Batman the animated series (season one).

LD

Thanks Lady Day. I haven;t seen the animated Batman, I'll have to check it out! Maybe I'll have to acquire me a cape . . . lol

I love your look, especially the flowers in your hair. Well, I'm a mad Billie fan, so there's no surprise there!

Etienne

A-List Customer
Benny Holiday, you do that suit proud! It looks like it really BELONGS on you! If people can't fall in love with the whole vintage scene after seeing some of these pictures, well, then they just don't know what they're missin'!

Regards,

Etienne

VintageJess

One of the Regulars
Andykev said:
Vintage Jess, PM's sent.

The pic of your wedding is beautiful. Such a wonderful, perfect couple.

The second pic, of you and the boy, only one thing is missing from that photo.

God willing, and with the help of a few good Marines, he will be in the next pic.

Why, thank you! I appreciate those kind words and sentiments!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80