Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you look like?

Novella

Practically Family
I don't have any recent pictures - this is from a few months ago:
mesanfran2.jpg

Me in a fun hat when I was little:
meljiconhat.jpg

Ahhh - all my other pictures turn out huge when I post them. :(

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Chapters of Paddy's Life...

Once upon a time, Charlie had three Angels...in fact there were originally FOUR, but ONE fell from grace (In fact, he was a 'wee' Deeevil, and some might say..still is at times!). This Fallen Angel's name was...PADDY!

PaddyHomePics009.jpg

Sailing a 30ft Schooner on Strangford Lough out of Sketterick Island, Co. Down.
PaddyHomePics001.jpg

My idea of a paddle!! Kayaking on Lough Erne, Co.Fermanagh.
PaddyHomePics011.jpg

Boxing Day (day after Xmas) yomping in the Mourne Mountains, pure heaven!
PaddyHomePics010.jpg

Then dash across to County Donegal to cool off in the surf!! Burt Lancaster, eat yer heart out, Deborah Kerr's all mine!
Donegalsurf008.jpg

Just can't beat having a good family for support. My folks!
MumBill015-1.jpg

That Old Devil called Paddy is at his tricks again! The cad swaps some of his old garden rubbish for their pocket money!
FeltonFirstSchoolPix014.jpg

Back where I feel most at home, in the mountains!
PaddyHomePics007.jpg

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This meal required 8 hands to cook! ie me being non-vintage with girlfriends:
631239237305_0_ALB.jpg

Both hats belong to the Colonel, sorry, can't answer questions about them:
785426627305_0_ALB.jpg

Mike K.

One Too Many
Quigley, where's that photo from?

Hey Quigley, where was that photo taken...the one of you rock climbing? Based on your location and the looks of the photo, I'd say it's in my old backyard...Shenandoah National Park, Virginia! Let me guess, either Hawksbill or Stony Man overlook.
Cheers,
Mike

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Mike K. said:
Hey Quigley, where was that photo taken...the one of you rock climbing? Based on your location and the looks of the photo, I'd say it's in my old backyard...Shenandoah National Park, Virginia! Let me guess, either Hawksbill or Stony Man overlook.
Cheers,
Mike

Nope...it's called Sugarloaf Mountain up in Frederick, MD.

Rosie

One Too Many
Still loving this thread

You know, often when I walk the street and see people, I wonder about their story, who they are, where they've been, who they love, who loves them, (because I'm gosh darn nosey I tell you) and I'm still loving this thread! I'm such a voyuer (sp?) but, it's great to not only see you guys but see what you love to do, your families, and baby pics, it's so cool. :)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I've just read all the way thru this thread, and I can honestly say I had always suspected we were a very classy looking lot of folks -- and it's great to see I was right! And the kiddie pics are wonderful!

scout2.jpg

And may we never grow up -- too much!

Pilgrim

One Too Many
OK, this one doesn't involve vintage hats - but a vintage Precision bass. It's the photo I happen to have handy.

This is me practicing in a very cluttered music and sewing room. The bass is a 1963 Precision with a 1972 neck (for those who care about such things) and a Ford Gold metallic re-finish done about 1970.
Al-.jpg

And yes, I generally play with my thumb on the side of the neck like that. I learned bass on an upright, and it's always been most comfortable and natural for me to brace my thumb on the neck. Gives a great, smooth tone when you play with fingers - and I'm not a pick player.

silhouette53

One of the Regulars
Fellow Flier !!!

Andykev said:
Here I am, and the serious look is because flying is a very serious business.:eek:

PS. If you go to the "GOLDEN ERA" link from the Fedora Lounge...you will see in the Hats section...there is a picture of several of the members..including a happy one of me, with my Optimo Grey fedora in my yard, two years ago, in the rain..which is what I am now wishing for..it has been over 105 degrees for over a week.....Monday was 112!!

Hey fellow flier !:eek:fftopic:

I still can't quite believe that I have just embarked upon a course of flying instruction to gain my JAA PPL at the ripe old age of 52, but I have and I'm loving every minute of it. Its taking every spare penny I have (and then some !! ) but its something I have ALWAYS wanted to do and I figured "well why not ?" I'm learning in a Robin 200. Heres some pics of Golf Victor India ( my favourite ride) - my airfield (Wellesbourne Mountford - interesting WW2 history) and to stay within the thread topic a mugshot !

Cheers !

Colin

GolfVictorIndia.jpg

WELLESBOURNE.jpg

CopyofP4110012.jpg

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
A very young Mojave Jack. ca. 1986, with a slightly surly "I'm a tough young Marine" look and all. If you look closely, you'll notice a black fedora with a white band on the shelf! Very cheesy 80s fedora, but a fedora nonetheless!

Inspection3.jpg

A slightly more recent photo, recording prehistoric rock art at Sunshine Peak.

SunshinePeak2.jpg

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Silhouette53, you look great in that jacket. And from the more "mature" age of 56, may I congratulate you on having much les front porch than I have.

Keep up those flying lessons. I envy you. I'm going nuts just trying to keep up with household chores (two window panes to replace, painting, etc.) and keep cars running.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
wow, Quigley! an actual photo of you taken without being all morphed out! :eusa_clap
Vintage Jess, you look absolutely beautiful!....I love childhood pictures, all of you look great:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80