Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you look like?

Lesvinyl

Familiar Face
I'm quite partial to a little facial hair. Makes a man seem more rugged. I like a little scruff, and if you can pull off a full on beard..well :D

Zig2k143

Practically Family
I could not see myself without a goattee... It's just part of who am I... I mean would I be this devilishly handsome without it... Probably... But why chance it. :)

carebear said:
Rafter,

I'm talking about the bearded Gabe Kaplan as seen in "Fast Break" and on poker shows, like "High Stakes Poker" which he co-hosts.

You have to admit there's a resemblence in the face (especially the eyes) and the sly, "That's right, I'm funny AND cool." grin.

Gabe_Kaplan-789836.gif

Looks like Al ( Richard Karn)from Home Improvement. :p ;)

bio_richard.jpg

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
Rafter said:
Scorpion, you don't have to "take" that remark.
Mr. Kotter did not have a beard. He had a stache and all those annoying lame
"over-aged" high school delinquents....Vinny Barbarino, Freddy Boom Boom Washington, Arnold Horshak, and Juan Epstein!!....."Up your nose with a rubber hose"!!

Your look makes a very unique statement with the Fedora.
Guess with a Panama I would be sporting the South American dictator look! However, I'm going West this summer, not South so that shouldn't be a problem.

In fact your pic has inspired me to go the grizzly route this summer.
I'm heading out to the SouthWest later this summer and I think that look matches up with my Stetsons, boots and jeans.

There is one major deterrent that usually prevents me from going beyond two or three weeks of facial fuzz.
It's the chick factor. One girl once told me I looked like Slim Pickens. Another said I resembled Eastwood. Go figure!
Honestly, most chicks don't seem to like it very much beyond some stubble.

Rafter1.jpg

I'm usually pressured to get out the Wahl trimmers and go for a clean shave.

We already know how "Pink" feels about this matter!
How do the other fine ladies of the FL feel about "bearded" or "stubbled" gents in hats??

You have to admit; it is always fun to try.

The chick factor is quite the deterrent, indeed. I've gotten some unwanted advice. I've also gotten the opposite, so who knows. I dig the beard, but even so, it is unlikely I'll be able to go for longer than a few months.

Thank you for citing me as an inspiration! I encourage beards and mustaches in all fellow men.

You ladies can't tell me you don't dig Jeff Bridges in Against All Odds. I know you do.

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Senator Jack said:
I've never owned a beard or moustache. Glad to see the women like their men shaved. The feeling's mutual.

Regards,

Senator Jack

I was going to comment on this then thought better of it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum