Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What does it mean you may not have sufficient privileges to access this page

Reddog

New in Town
Are there rules or something allowing certain people access to some pages others are not? Where does one find the info?

Pompidou

One Too Many
The only time I've seen this message is when I tried to see the "Who's Online" page where it shows what threads are being looked at and/or replied to, though I think the same thing happens when you try and view a person's profile or send a PM with very few posts. I'm not sure if everything unlocks over time, but I know the latter does. By the same rationale that I don't think the "Who's Online" list is worth blocking access to, I don't think it's worth unblocking access too, so really, I'm pretty content with what I can do.

Post counts are what unlock PM ability. There are dozens upon dozens of threads where you can rack up a massive post count simply saying "Nice X", so go to town. Just open the first 20 threads in the hat forums and say "Nice lid". When in Rome, right?

Reddog

New in Town
Access

I got the message just tapping on several of the discussion topics, not trying to see who 's online or anything like that. it has happened to me several times just trying to read a thread.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Yes, when it comes down to it, the trick to quickly getting these privileges is to post quickly, to receive them sooner. Try to compliment on other people's hats, jackets, and suits, but I hope you are sincere when doing so! ;)

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It does say in the FAQ' about the posting limits when new, but with so much cool stuff to read in here, most people don't hit the FAQs!

You're up to seven already.... keep going!

Reddog

New in Town
I must need the FL for Dummies because I looked in the FAQ's first before posting and again afterwards and I just don' t see it. Sorry.

Undertow

For Your Reading Pleasure...

Why can't I send a private message (PM)?
Make sure you are logged in and that your browser is accepting cookies. When someone first joins they are a "Registered Member". When they have 15 or more posts then they become a "Fully Fledged" member and will be able to have private message privileges. This keeps trouble makers from just starting a new account to PM someone or otherwise "stir the pot." It also keeps people with sales agendas -- who aren't really interested in being part of our community -- from just marketing to our members.

The Fedora Lounge FAQ

Undertow

Bebop said:
Sometimes that will also happen when a thread has been deleted, regardless of how many posts you have under your belt.

Very true. I've tried to access a thread which was either moved or deleted (or hidden, or what have you) and it gave me the same message.

Reddog

New in Town
Thanks for helping a newby out. besides I'm getting old, stuff like figuring out forums doesn't come easy. I'm still trying to figure out how to track a thread, and it hurts my head to try to figure it out:eusa_doh:

Click "User CP", then "Edit Options". From there you should find a box about "Subscriptions". Default is "Do Not Subscribe", simply click that drop-down and select another option, and you'll auto-subscribe to every thread you ever post in.

Or got to "Thread Tools", and select "Watch this Thread" if you prefer case-by-case decisions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou