Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Golden Era star do you think other users look like?

Gene

Practically Family
Gene,
You were in a lot of B pictures. And I think you changed your name a couple times.

My debut was in 1947's "A Dame is Dead" featuring me as an uncredited street thug. Next was 1948's "Hussy Gets Hustled" as a cheap hood under the name Vinni
Spumoni, followed by 1950's "The Gun Moll Got Greased" as a junior detective under the name Dirk Holloway. After that it was all downhill [huh]

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I watched the amazing 1958 film 'I Want to Live' last weekend and was struck by this vintage lookalike:

The Fedora Lounge's Chasseur:
403333445.jpg

and actor Simon Oakland:
simon-oakland-westsidestory-4.jpg
(in West Side Story)

simono1.jpg
(in Psycho)

^^^

:eeek:

Why am I suddenly hearing the Twilight Zone theme in my head??? This is really bizarre, that's not the pic that I originally posted. This is the one I posted (or thought I posted). I offer my sincerest apologies.
Way to go, Victor :confused::eusa_doh:

vera-lynn-31.jpg

Last edited:

Miss Sis

One Too Many
I posted the same pic many moons ago in the 'What are you Wearing' thread in regards to Miss T, V.C Brunswick, so you're not the only one to think that. :)

P.S: There is another thread verrrrry similar to this somewhere, but I'm too tired to go find it right now.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
My debut was in 1947's "A Dame is Dead" featuring me as an uncredited street thug. Next was 1948's "Hussy Gets Hustled" as a cheap hood under the name Vinni
Spumoni, followed by 1950's "The Gun Moll Got Greased" as a junior detective under the name Dirk Holloway. After that it was all downhill [huh]
I was about to say William Bendix.
images

But I'll give you a break. lol geddit???...Bendix...give you a brake...I kill me sometimes.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
I watched the amazing 1958 film 'I Want to Live' last weekend and was struck by this vintage lookalike:

The Fedora Lounge's Chasseur:
403333445.jpg

and actor Simon Oakland:
simon-oakland-westsidestory-4.jpg
(in West Side Story)

simono1.jpg
(in Psycho)

Two Types thanks for the comparison! I've actually pondered this question a few times and could not come up with answer myself. My students when they want to butter me up normally make the comparison to Ken Watanabe but I think that is just in hopes of raising their grade:
ken-watanabe-594.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
My pleasure, sir. As soon as i spotted him in 'I Want to Live' I thought of you. The face, the body shape, the hair, hat, clothes - the whole package. When I looked up other photographs I discovered that he was in so many films in the late fifties and early sixties - and that's a period look that seems to suit you so well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran