Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What goodies are on sale!?

MissQueenie

Practically Family
I just Gaylord's conservation catalog in my inbox here at work and it turns out they've got a sale on 'til June 30th! If any of you are interested, their costume boxes (15% off, for storing:gowns, dresses, suits, etc), conservation heads (10% off, for storing: hats, obviously), artifact boxes (15% off, forstoring watches, jewelry, cuff links, etc), textile boxes (15% off, for storing textiles flat), textile roll storage (10% off, for storing textiles without creasing them), and acid-free buffered tissue (up to 20% off, for stuffing/wrapping hats, shoes, clothings, etc) are all on sale.

Even on sale, these products are not cheap unfortunately...but it's an investment -- you've already shelled out the clams for that gorgeous dress, or those wonderful hats...it'd be a shame not to protect them if you can afford to do it. (This is me trying desperately to rationalize my way into purchasing some of these supplies... ;) )

Just thought I'd give y'all a heads-up on it. Their website is www.Gaylord.com

~ Queenie.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
MissQueenie said:
I just Gaylord's conservation catalog in my inbox here at work and it turns out they've got a sale on 'til June 30th! If any of you are interested, their costume boxes (15% off, for storing:gowns, dresses, suits, etc), conservation heads (10% off, for storing: hats, obviously), artifact boxes (15% off, forstoring watches, jewelry, cuff links, etc), textile boxes (15% off, for storing textiles flat), textile roll storage (10% off, for storing textiles without creasing them), and acid-free buffered tissue (up to 20% off, for stuffing/wrapping hats, shoes, clothings, etc) are all on sale.

Even on sale, these products are not cheap unfortunately...but it's an investment -- you've already shelled out the clams for that gorgeous dress, or those wonderful hats...it'd be a shame not to protect them if you can afford to do it. (This is me trying desperately to rationalize my way into purchasing some of these supplies... ;) )

Just thought I'd give y'all a heads-up on it. Their website is www.Gaylord.com

~ Queenie.

Great....something else to spend on.....giggles...

I really need a better job...or a really rich bf....hahah...best to go for the better job. ;)

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Stop Staring 20% off sale

Hi Ladies,
I hope this message finds you all wonderful:)
Anyway, I just visited the Stop Staring website to see if they had any cute new repro dresses out, and it turns out they are having a sale. The sale is for 20% off your entire purchase. They have some really cute clothing, and I normally don't buy directly from them, because for some reason they do not offer all of their dresses for purchase in their on-line store. Usually the ones I want are the ones that are only sold through other retail outlets. Well, I think this is a pretty good deal, and I do have a few of their dresses and have been happy with them. Click here if you're interested in any of their clothes, now's the time to buy.

Happy Shopping:D
Daisy, your friend and fellow shopaholic.

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
Heeeeyyy!! They always show pictures of stuff that I can't find on their sites or their affiliates. That's so not fair, I really want the strapless black dress with the buttons on the front page and it's nowhere on their site.

Thanks for the heads-up, I think it is time for xmas shopping! ^_^

BV - (Ohh man. I'm wearing the same dress as Paris Hilton. I really thought I could go my whole life without ever saying that.)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Dont wanna whine, but I have a Stop staring dress that Im not too happy with. The cut is nice, but the fabric is horrid. :(

LD

artdecodame

One of the Regulars
It's probably the polyester content of (some of) their dresses. I find that even in the cold months it feels too hot or just itchy and odd. :confused:

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Miss Dottie said:
Their hollywood waisted pants look really nice! And they have highwaisted dark jeans too that look rather promising!

The "Norma Jeans"? I think I'm gonna head over to My Baby Jo's store this weekend to try them on. They look super cute.

I only have one Stop Staring dress and I have never worn it because I dont have shoes to match! Regardless of fabric issues, I love there stuff even though its expensive. It's just nice to know that there's a good repro company out there. I always wonder why there arent anymore? The only other good one I can think of is Revamp.

Honey Doll

Practically Family
BettyValentine said:
Heeeeyyy!! They always show pictures of stuff that I can't find on their sites or their affiliates. That's so not fair, I really want the strapless black dress with the buttons on the front page and it's nowhere on their site.

If you email them and tell them there's something you like but can't find it on their site, they will tell you where you can get it. Customer service is very responsive.

Honey Doll

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
It depends on what look you're going for. I mean, anyone could pick a Stop Staring repro out of a vintage dress lineup, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. They make very cute, flattering dresses with a vintage flair and not an ounce of frump.

The high-waisted jeans are just great. You guys just reminded me that I need to return mine for a different size. (I shop at Daddyos.com because they sell stopstaring stuff a lot cheaper than mybabyjo, and they're ridiculously good about returns.)

BV

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
Honey Doll said:
If you email them and tell them there's something you like but can't find it on their site, they will tell you where you can get it. Customer service is very responsive.

Thanks! I'll do that. Now I want to wear that black dress for New Year's.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Their hollywood waisted pants look really nice! And they have highwaisted dark jeans too that look rather promising!

I was not impressed with the jeans at all. I had anticipated that the waist would be a little large due to my hourglass build (and having to order to fit my hips/rear), but it was positively huge (off from the listed measurements by four inches)!

I promptly returned them and ordered the Queen of Heartz jeans, which I absolutely love!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have two of their dresses, and I really like them. If you can't find what you are looking for on their website, try these places. I know, it does kind of stink that they don't offer their entire line directly through their site. These site's don't have the 20% off sale that the Stop Staring sites have.
BabyGirl Boutique. I just discovered this place and have never bought anything from them, but it looks like a great online shoppe.
DaddyO's
Yahoo has some good links
Red Dress Shoppe I have ordered quite a few items from them, and have been very happy with their service. They only have a small selection of Stop Staring Dresses, but they also have some other dresses by other companies, that are very cute and vintage-y.
Buttercup Clothing has a small selection too.
There used to be a store on-line that carried a larges selection of the Stop Staring dresses, but I just can't seem to find it anymore. If anyone has other links to place where we can get them, please post. Also, I've found a few places on E-Bay that carry them. Just do a search in the Clothing, Shoes, and Accessories section. Sometimes they will come up at really good prices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy