Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Happened to Florsheim?

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
If its good quality shell then $595 isn't bad, I've never seen them so I can't attest to their quality. Similar Alden's are around $625 I think, so it might be a little bit of a bargain. However, from the pics the proportions and shaping looks a little awkward to me, so I would probably just buy the Alden's for known quality, sizing, and styling. Granted it's all hypothetical, as that's a bit rich for my blood as well.

Last edited:

Riposte3

One of the Regulars
I found that odd so I Googled shoe repair in Blacksburg, VA and found several in your area.[huh]

Hmmm. The one I knew about in Roanoke closed down a couple of years ago, but I wasn't aware of the other ones in Roanoke or Pearisburg. Those are still 45 minutes to an hour away, though. The one in Rocky Mount is further, about an hour and a half. It might be worth going to Roanoke if they can manage to do the heels the same day. Even then, I would basically be committing an entire day just to have my shoes re-heeled - something that only takes about 10 minutes to actually do. That's just irritating.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran