Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Tonio

A-List Customer
Tomorrow :D

image.jpeg

Attorneyatlaw

New in Town
Gentlemen, I have not been to this site in more than 18 months. Does anyone know of a manufacturer who makes hats that can be blocked and creased like we did in the 40s-60s. There used to be two places in Baltimore, MD named Hippodrome Hat Shop and the Ecuadorian Hat shop where you could buy almost anything you wanted. There is not one hat shop in D.C. anymore. There used to be more than 20. Will call the Hat Barn in Fredericksburg, VA but do not think I will have success. That's why I'm asking the world. Thanks in advance.

Ken David

One of the Regulars
You needn't worry that you'll be duplicating your silverbelly. Sahara is an off-white with a somewhat creamy-yellowish cast to it. It's not a light gray, but it is different than silver belly. The top photo (I assume that's the BSHW pic) is a pretty accurate rendering of the sahara color (on my computer, at least). Gorgeous hat! Enjoy.

Well the hat came yesterday (only 6 days from France - expected a much longer shipping time). I will get some pics posted ASAP. The color appears not to be sahara (I could be wrong) it is hard to explain but is darker than the BSHW website more of a medium tan or light brown. I am not sure if the brim is designed to snap down but either way I need to first do some light steaming and shaping of the brim.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Well the hat came yesterday (only 6 days from France - expected a much longer shipping time). I will get some pics posted ASAP. The color appears not to be sahara (I could be wrong) it is hard to explain but is darker than the BSHW website more of a medium tan or light brown. I am not sure if the brim is designed to snap down but either way I need to first do some light steaming and shaping of the brim.
That's been my experience with Sahara, kind of a light tan color, but darker than silverbelly, bone or sand.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
a lead from a fantastic fellow lounger landed me in a honey hole recently
I found myself on the phone with a man named Al who spent a long time working in a hat shop many many years ago.
turns out he has a small stack of Stetson hats that have never been worn that he was given as gifts by the shops owner when he worked there.
best part... they are all in my size

this is my first purchase from him ... can't wait to receive it

00h0h_eRtU4hXDcU3_600x450.jpg

00o0o_dKvTNezweuL_600x450.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy