Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Scooterz

Practically Family
In the tradition of Moon, here is a shot to torment you of my new Alley Kat that Tim is finishing up. I await its arrival peeking out the window blinds waiting on the big brown truck.

insideshotWhiskeyAK.jpg

...I used to hate Akubra because they don't offer a wide range of colors...
I can't say I've ever "hated" them, but I do wish they offered at least a little more variety color-wise on some of their hats. A few years ago I was seriously interested in getting a Squatter for myself, but the color choices being basically "dark grey" or "dark brown" ended that pretty quickly. I understand it from Akubra's perspective--it wouldn't be good business to produce every hat they make in every color available, and even offering a "made to order" service would be problematic, veer into "custom hat" territory, and probably increase the prices for such hats dramatically. And they have been very good about occasionally accommodating our "Lounge Special" requests. But would it kill them to offer the Squatter in a lighter color like, say, Tawny Fawn? :D

I just got word that my new hat from Leon Drexler is going on the block next week. It has been a 9 month wait so have changed my mind numerous times.....but have settled on his new model "The Cotswolder". It is another version of a Lord's Hat or Hommie derivative. This one is a bound and curled brim at 2 1/2" with a finished crown (centre dent and I will see about adding the pinches) of 4 1/2" front, 5" sides. Went with a longer Angora finish on a Blue Steel felt. Have yet to decide the 10 ligne ribbon colour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21