Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
this Mallory Ten is on its way to me.
... and it sure looks a lot like this "Airways" Mallory in this ad that sells for $10 in the mid 50s

ad93913e4f39042a5e7eb6eef093cb97.jpg

3058de1bbc13e835e5fd8b4717f7324c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
this Mallory Ten is on its way to me.
... and it sure looks a lot like this "Airways" Mallory in this ad that sells for $10 in the mid 50s

ad93913e4f39042a5e7eb6eef093cb97.jpg

3058de1bbc13e835e5fd8b4717f7324c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have those hats coming to you on a magnetic fishing line...wow so very very nice.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
The Royal Stetson refurb from Black Sheep Hat Wprks came today. It really is perfect. New vintage correct, correct size liner, two good cleanings, reblock, reflange and clean an press the original ribbons. The brim binding is kind of a yellow/gold color and the crown ribbon is a brownish/burgundy hue that works really well with the felt. The felt is a kind of taupe color with grey/brown tones throughout. The hand is incredible: soft, velvety and fairly lightweight. Bob really knocked this out of the park. I can't see how it could be any better. Creased in a teardrop, with a beautiful slopping rake from front to back. Really gorgeous.

Old:

i-4qgj5jC-M.jpg

i-GTZZHBz-M.jpg

i-H8tgrCF-M.jpg

New:

i-Qg9L4RM-X2.jpg

i-c2CgTtm-X2.jpg

i-5P4qHZF-X2.jpg

Stetson!

The Royal Stetson refurb from Black Sheep Hat Wprks came today. It really is perfect. New vintage correct, correct size liner, two good cleanings, reblock, reflange and clean an press the original ribbons. The brim binding is kind of a yellow/gold color and the crown ribbon is a brownish/burgundy hue that works really well with the felt. The felt is a kind of taupe color with grey/brown tones throughout. The hand is incredible: soft, velvety and fairly lightweight. Bob really knocked this out of the park. I can't see how it could be any better. Creased in a teardrop, with a beautiful slopping rake from front to back. Really gorgeous.

Old:

i-4qgj5jC-M.jpg

i-GTZZHBz-M.jpg

i-H8tgrCF-M.jpg

New:

i-Qg9L4RM-X2.jpg

i-c2CgTtm-X2.jpg

i-5P4qHZF-X2.jpg

Stetson!
A new hat! The restoration is fabulous. I like how the crown turned out, it works well with that crease. How was the sweat, did he save/resize it? Interior pictures will be nice. A comparison with my Stetson is at hand. It is super light weight. Impressive.

Waiting on this "new" BSHW Savannah in "sahara". Going to be a long wait since it is coming from Europe. Also I am unsure of the color....I am hoping it is closer to a light gray since I already have a BSHW in silverbelly. Hard to tell from the pics (seller vs BSHW website)

It will be great to see some new detailed pics of this beauty. And a noggin shot is required also. Can't wait.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I have Bob's pics but they are in a PDF format which doesn't take to jpeg hosting sights.

The sweat is supple and was saved and reused. It's a 7-3/8 tag with a $10.95 price tag on the back.

Here's the wrong liner that was too small, also

i-7wxXGwZ-L.jpg

i-6WKxv75-L.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
the first liner would have most likely been the one that was in that hat originally

those are the common liners you see in hats that have the 7 on the size tag and not just the fraction alone signifying late 50s/early 60s

Bob did a nice job

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Bob said that liner had been replaced at some point and was way too small for my hat. That's what caused the creases in the front crown. When I wore it low, it would put a solid crease horizontally across the front of the hat.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Bob said that liner had been replaced at some point and was way too small for my hat. That's what caused the creases in the front crown. When I wore it low, it would put a solid crease horizontally across the front of the hat.
I'm just saying that most likely would have been the style liner that was in the hat originally with the circle crest

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I'm just saying that most likely would have been the style liner that was in the hat originally with the circle crest
Got it. I had to make a choice between a new, fancy liner from Bob and this one. I went with the old one Bob had in his inventory.I think Bob did a bang up job. I'll see about a custom next year. I can't wait to see the one you guys worked out together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass