Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I found a brick wall...and, well, you know how it goes lol. Its odd...after wearing the Lightning Ridge for a while, my Akubra Campdraft seems small by comparison :).

SandLightningRidgeHat15.jpg

Kaonashi

Familiar Face
Here I am today before leaving the office... it´s hat by zara which was my birthday present last year (to and from me)... opinions?

yops5.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
Kaonashi, The shorter brim seems to fit you well. The crown is perfect for your facial features, in my opinion. Good job.

Neophyte

Looking good and rugged there Neo in your Akubra. Great looking outdoor hat.

Nice stingy on you Kanoshi.

Mario, debonair as always, you remind me of the well-dressed men of the 50's.

Thanks for the compliment!

Like Hatophile said, great job Kaonoshi and Mario :eusa_clap.

Torpedo

One Too Many
These days I want to try some brown hat / grey jacket combinations, a combo often seen in Golden Era hat and fashion ads. I began with this one (sorry, no portrait pics)- although it was a rainy day, so the trench saw some action too... ;)

DSC_0003.jpg

What would you think? I believe it worked. I wore brown suede shoes and brown belt, too.

danofarlington

These days I want to try some brown hat / grey jacket combinations, a combo often seen in Golden Era hat and fashion ads. I began with this one (sorry, no portrait pics)- although it was a rainy day, so the trench saw some action too... ;)

DSC_0003.jpg

What would you think? I believe it worked. I wore brown suede shoes and brown belt, too.

I think that combination works great. I put on the same color combinations as well with my trenchcoat. With my short-brimmed brown Borsalino though I'm prone to look like Inspector Clouseau, so I prefer wider brims with a trenchcoat.

In my personal view, it's when you get into a brown hat plus blue suit combination, like Jimmy Stewart in a few Alfred Hitchcock movies, where it seemed to work in the Golden Era but not so much now. Again, that's my personal opinion that I am sure will be corrected by the others subsuquently. It depends on the suit, the hat, and the exact shades of them. BTW I go to brown hat plus blue blazer as a standard uniform, and that seems to go well. But when I put on a brown hat with a blue suit, then I envision a train wreck in my head and I don't do it.

Mr E Train

One Too Many

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
I don't think that's Caribou because I just got a Nostalgia in Caribou and it's a lot darker than that (unless they changed the color of "Caribou," of course). It's a great color whatever it's called and a superb-looking hat!

I took that shot under a cloudy sky with my cell phone, so the color is a bit off. It's actually a mite darker. It's a modern Stetson, not vintage, but there's no info sticker to tell me the color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace