Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
5098969124_82dc2f2229_z.jpg

Another in your line of beautiful black fedoras! Love the front brim swoop and the velour style finish. :eusa_clap

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
That Huckel sure is a beauty, Mayserwegener. RLK, will you pinch that fantastic Optimo, please ... ;)

I too was tempted to go black today. In the end, brown won out and I reached for a Stratoliner.

I had trouble getting the color right when photographing this one. Nevertheless, this silly photo does show the color very accurately (while also capturing my mood today).

5ad19310.jpg

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Looks really good. Is the felt stiff?
The felt is actually very soft. Both hats (I got a brown Indy Peters Bros hat in a two-for-one deal) are very soft but also pretty worn. The grey one in the pic responded very well to a decent strectching from 7 1/4 to 7 3/8. It seemed to help out the brim which was a little wonky. The stretching and some steam went a long way on it. I haven't messed with the brown one much yet.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Wore my new Stylemaster today....

... and I REALY like this one !! It's 2 1/2" brim is the smallest brim I think I would want to wear but it does shade just enough in this Texas sun. Up to the mid 80's today and humid so have switched back to my Semi-colado Cuenca from PB for the rest of the day. ( I have a pic from PB of it :) ) This Stylemaster is an Imperial felt but is as SOFT out of the box as my 1 1/2 yo Bushman which has been in rain/snow etc. !! Think it's gonna be a keeper !!

BvGDyP2kKGrHqFg4Evri1o2cBMDEwQPiMQ_121.jpg

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looking good in the BG! Is that a Columbia fleece?
Randy

Thanks! and yes...what gave it away?

monbla256 said:
That CD in the BG color looks great Looks like a blue-green version of my Bushman ! Looks to be the same crease, a centerdent w/ front pinch? Might have to give that one a "think about" for sure
Thanks so much! At the very least, you owe an Open Road or Campdraft a "think about" ;). As for the crease, it's actually...I'd guess one would describe it as a wrinkled teardrop.
monbla256 said:
Wore my new Stylemaster today....
That cuenca is one beauty of a straw. I believe that the Bushman, which seems to be designed as a work hat, is made stiffer than the Stylemaster, which is almost certainly designed as a dress hat. This might be why its so soft. Then again, it could be the color [huh].
zetwal said:
At least you enjoy some respite during the morning hours!
You know, I guess you're right. That it even gets cold enough to comfortable wear such a dark-colored hat, I should be grateful. The southeast is not friendly to us hatwearers lol.

What I've found recently is that my profuse facial hair seems to be rounding out my angular features, not to mention keeping my face warm lol. My Lightning Ridge is starting to look more at home (I got a great pic I'll post in a bit, AOL seems to be having some issues right now).

Whew...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum