Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful velours gentlemen! I too went black today, 1930s vented Bantam (SFC).

Yet another ringer... great day chaps!

Homburg week continues for me... almost black navy Chapeau Richelieu Beaver Blend.

chap_rich050411.jpg

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, Alan! I know this is repetitive, but once again I must express my amazement at your hat-collecting and photography skills. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Our son is flying back to the UK tonight so we are at Logan Airport waiting for his plane to taxi by.

This is our favorite plane-watching spot at the airport - rocking chairs and Dunkin's coffee!

smugshot_9028269-S.jpg

Black Cherry VS

Last edited:

suitedcboy

One Too Many
5688726076_92a30f6870_z.jpg

You're wearing a Homburg so you MUST be a banker. But you're in jeans........I guess a casual banker.

SWEET looking Adam Homburg. I'm so used to the grey ones and the occasional black one. The light brown is pretty neat.

Louie 14

This may be too far afield for this thread. I was wandering around my office looking for a spot to take a picture of the hat of the day when I stumbled on this. I hadn't stopped to look at it for a long time.

There is a hat.

louie1.jpg

It is meant to be carried rather than worn. Here is what I wore when I carried this hat:

louie5.jpg

louie4.jpg

louie2.jpg

It's completely assembled from paper - greeting cards, actually - mounted to a muslin pattern. My wife designed it and built it with the help of her costume shop staff at the University of Buffalo.

I tried the wig on today.

louie3.jpg

I wore it in a fashion show at our industry awards in NYC some years ago... 2005 I think.

louie6.jpg

and I wore it on a TV show the next morning:

[video=youtube;3DqSm0F2OX0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DqSm0F2OX0&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

I wonder if I could still get into it?

chap_rich050411.jpg

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
SteveAS: Great pictures! Vintage cars and hats...both near and dear to my heart.

irb: Very nice! Akubras just look so right in the field. I like the unshaven look as well.

David: Love all of your tall crown hats, and this Black Cherry VS is no exception. Nice photo!

Alan, I meant Your Majesty: I love the entire ensemble! Very impressive and should be on display in a museum of art. Sheer brilliance, and oh, the Homburg is nice, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou