Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Of Raptors And Reptiles

In front of the Bell Museum Of Natural History at the University Of Minnesota, Saturday afternoon. Royal Hat Works.

"Juneau", one of the Peregrine Falcons at the U of M's Raptor Center.

Walking towards the U of M's iconic Dinky Dome...

...to enjoy a frozen yogurt at Chilly Billy's.

Sunday brunch at our favorite Nepalese restaurant in the Twin Cities, the Himalayan. Stetson Standard Quality.

At Orchestra Hall in Minneapolis Sunday afternoon for the Minnesota Orchestra's traditional Scandinavian Christmas concert.

Pastel colored Bearded Dragon at Twin Cities Reptiles.

The fluorescent lamps of the shop dramatically alter the perceived colors of the old Stetson.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Love the picture of the falcon, Al. The hats aren't bad either ;)

off topic, Al: what's the aperture setting on that picture?

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Al; Great shots of you whilst you are enjoying our venerable Twin Cities. The fruit on your frozen yougurt, Chilly Billy, looks good enough to eat. Yummy. Nicely worn hats sir! Your Royal has some of the Perigrine color schema.

I have to get out and about more in the Twin Cities. Best, Eric -

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Ale, that is blindingly beautiful! I need to put on my sunglasses just to look at my monitor. ;)

Al-- gorgeous Stetson Standard, and that Royal Hatworks is just astounding. Are those colors accurate? Someone needs to produce more felts and ribbons in that mind- blowing muted palette. I just love it.

David-- that's a super shot of you in a great hat. I'm enjoying the different photo angle, as it shows the proportions in context better.

I went with a Royal Stetson in steel grey today:

0022js.jpg

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
delectans [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/687/fabdstandardreptile.jpg/ said:
fabdstandardreptile.jpg
[/URL]
The fluorescent lamps of the shop dramatically alter the perceived colors of the old Stetson.

Great photo and combo!

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Alas Aureliano it is an orphaned jacket originally sold at the Hub in Wisconsin. I wish I had the whole suit but I like it anyway and it pairs nicely with solid brown or gray. I am also wearing a darker striped vest also orphaned.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Ale: Thanks for the kind words! Wide-open aperture at f3.5 for the falcon photo.

Eric: Appreciate your very kind comments. Whenever we get a chance to meet up somewhere in the Twin Cities, the treats are on me!

Jeff: Thank you! The colors of the Royal Hat Works lid is very accurate as depicted in the photos. I really savor these subtle and beautiful hues. Fine choice of hat today, your Stetson. Love the color and the Homburgesque pinch.

DOUGLAS: Incredibly gorgeous hat and attire! Thanks for your kind remarks.

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Alas Aureliano it is an orphaned jacket originally sold at the Hub in Wisconsin. I wish I had the whole suit but I like it anyway and it pairs nicely with solid brown or gray. I am also wearing a darker striped vest also orphaned.

Wonderful jacket. I'm curious about your vest, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou