Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I went with a Royal Stetson in steel grey today:

0022js.jpg

Good looking combo - hat/atire. B-man you can look rugged and yet dressed in your hats. Nice job communicating the different parts of your life.

I am looking forward to the casual bowler/homberg and dressy bower/homberg pics, or even the pics! ;) Seriousely, your enjoyment of the hats comes across to me the viewer. For that reason you wear a great variety well, IMO.

Best, Eric -

Last edited:
Ale you know you want to join the Thin Ribbon Club.

Great hats and pics as usual Al.
Nice gray Stetson Jeff, I have a lighter blue gray one today also.
Sweet Royal Deluxe John B, and great suit Douglas.
Outstanding Alessandria Zet.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Alan, in addition to all of your wonderful hats, it is a true inspiration for me to see these photos of your family. Makes me want to be better than I am. Thanks for sharing them.

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Nice job communicating the different parts of your life.
Seriousely, your enjoyment of the hats comes across to me the viewer. For that reason you wear a great variety well, IMO.

Best, Eric -

Eric, you are too kind sir! These are the nicest words I've heard (read) all day. It's nice to make acquaintances here on the lounge; it can, at times, give that extra push to make it through otherwise stressful days. Thanks.

More casual and dressy pics with rolled brim variations to come!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up

Bowlerman- that is my top favorite hat of yours. I love it man, and it looks smashing with a tux.

...and the Copperpot is my top favorite of yours! Awesome expressive photo, too.

Let me also add that I had the [dis]pleasure of being served a very non-authentic red velvet cupcake at lunch today. Can't complain too much, though-- it was free. As my dad always says, "It's always a good gig when they give you food!"

WOW... this thread is on fire!

I followed AL's lead today... fortunate to trade with Josh for a beautiful Stetson Standard Quality which just arrived.

121911_1.jpg

stylized mirror shot to hide the poor focus, but wanted to show the great brim flanging:

121911_2.jpg

121911_3.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Handsome get-up, there, David, but ay 10 degrees I think earmuffs might be in order!

Thanks Randall. Actually the only part of me that was cold was the fingers on the hand carrying back the Dunkin Donuts tray. Only a few minutes walk, but gets cold fast!

I really like that hat on you, David. Great proportions.

Thanks, Mike!

That Bates is a fine looking lid, David. 33F this morning here in Minnesota with no snow in the forecast. A very bizarre December for us.

Been a really warm December for us too, Al. No snow since the storm back in October, the one that blacked out the whole state. Looks as though things are warming up already after this little 24 hour cold spell.

David-- that's a super shot of you in a great hat. I'm enjoying the different photo angle, as it shows the proportions in context better.

Thanks, Jeff - as you can see, I'm trying to mix things up a little.

Nice Bates, mate.

Cheers, Mate!!

Oh, fantastic hats everyone - this thread just gets better all the time!

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Alan, in addition to all of your wonderful hats, it is a true inspiration for me to see these photos of your family. Makes me want to be better than I am. Thanks for sharing them.

More smiles from my corner.

(Jeff, I bet Alan can't hold a candle to your oboe playing, and I bet his pipe collection pales by comparison. :D)

scooter

Practically Family
B-man, that Royal Stetson looks fabulous. Very nice!

Alan, another very stylish addition. You just keep racking 'em up.

Zet, that Borso is just gorgeous, I envy you!

So many lovely lids, hard to know where to start! Congrats to all.

Oh yes, and Ale, once you go thin, you never go back! or something like that!!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Perry: A sincere thanks for your always kind comments!

Alan: Congrats on your new black beauty. Those old Standard Quality lids are just magnificent! Fine, fine felt with impeccable finishing and top-shelf trimmings. The brim flanging, as you pointed out, is just spot on perfect, to my eyes. Perhaps we should start a thread dedicated specifically to the Stetson Standard Quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou