Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gqmagic

One of the Regulars
Silvermist with wider ribbon
IMG_0970.jpg

Last edited:

Otateral

Familiar Face
Okay, so when I got this hat there was impressions on the ribbon that looked like tape. I couldn't find a hat place close enough to change out the ribbon, so decided to experiment with trying to change it out myself. I got the 50/50 rayon ribbon online today and went to work. Funnily enough, I discovered what left the impressions on the original ribbon. There was double-sided tape UNDER the ribbon, which had caused it to bleed onto the ribbon itself.

Using a tutorial I found online, was able to do this and I really like the look of it now.

dscn2087x.jpg

I go away for a bit and suddenly the place is swimming in VS twofers. Have the Dualists been mating? Is this a stocking item now?

They sure do look swell.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I go away for a bit and suddenly the place is swimming in VS twofers. Have the Dualists been mating? Is this a stocking item now?

They sure do look swell.

Sure is Alan they are mating in the spring.:) That's what happens when you turn your head.

web.jpg

Dobb's Milan picked it up from local vintage shop owner told me to stop by he scored some hats this past weekend at a Estate sale.
Nice part 15 bucks. He had picked up 15 hats at one estate sale. Ah a hat lover's collection my favorite ones to get as they where loved as I will love them.:)
I also scored a vintage pug last night on the bay for use on this and other Milan's I have.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
soooo many winners today!
Manfred, this is a superb hat-- one of my favorites on you.
nice couple of playboys, David and Alan!
GQmagic-- man, you can really wear a hat!
Insolent Puppy-- my favorite of the new VS Dualists-- super nice!
Eric-- looking very dapper, my friend! I'll let you know next time I get the pleasure of spending some time in the cities... and will make sure to bring the Falcon Park black cherry!

Randall, this is a great pic. That homburg looks really fantastic on you. Thanks for the nod. ;) see? 'burgs don't always have to be dressy! Well done!

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Those dualists are certainly interesting hats.:eusa_clap

A bit windy at times, so I wore the stingier brimmed moonstone Fed IV today. Thanks for the comments on the campdraft. Not sure which brim width is my favorite. I suppose anything between 2 1/2” and 2 1/4”.

SmallBrim.jpg

PS I had put an old photo of MN Governor Youngdahl in a thin ribbon as my computer backgournd image for a while to try to entice me to keep the look, but it didn’t help.:D

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Looks goo with that ribbon, B.J. You could pull it down a notch so it sits on the brim/crown boarder line. It seems as if it has climbed up a little.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
danofarlington and Jeff, thank you Gentleman for the kind words. I really appreciate them much.

Steve, great looking black beauty Mayser.

I-Puppy, that hat is a winner. I love it.

Randall, that looks great. Great Stetson Homburg.

gqmagic, stunning VS. Art's Hats are always perfect.

Otateral, good job done. The results looks great.

Ed, cool Milan today. I really like that Hat.

B.J, looks good as it is. Very nice Hat.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Ed, did you get first dibs on the other 14, or at least an exclusive look?

No I looked at them all and this milan stood out. It's a style that I did not have in my collections of Milan's and the color goes well will colors I wear. It is a tall crown model 5 1/2 inches and the pork pie crown is one I wanted to get an example of for a while. I sent Gene another Lounger from Louisville pictures of what new stuff he had so he can swing by and check it out. I help him know what to look for when he goes to estate sales and what brands are to be looked for as well as styles. He had a black MacClachlan Fedora too small for me and with some moth bites.
He says the kid's like black and moth bites the snag them up. I told him if he get's any more of them email me.:) Its always good to work with local vintage shop's they find what you want and you buy it. This guy is a musician and the store is a way to help pay bills.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
I like Milan's due to all the color combinations. I have two greens one that is like a metalic green, black,several grays and silver and now this color.
Here is the hat outside.

Lovely Milan, Ed. Vintage Milans certainly enjoyed the widest range of pug colors and designs of any hat.

Borsalino

What happened to Fawcett Friday, David? lol Wonderful looking Alessandria with exquisite color!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany