Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAVIER

Practically Family
Resistol self conforming, some café puro action today.

photobucket-5969-1354025873570.jpg

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
monk, very nice hat your Whippet! good color for you.

Javier, not bad, your stingy Resistol. You look good with these.

History, good one the new CD. You wear him well!

Mike, yupp, Pecan ArtLite. Very nice, looks good on you!

David, also a special hat for me your Tumwater. One of my favorite hats from you!

Jeff, lovely hat the Falcon Park. One of your best!

Frank, great look with the cap! That fits!

Sam, nice Resistol. Looks sharp on you!

Tom, nice Western, looks really good!

Eric, was it your Moss Artlite yesterday! looks good with your sweater.

m0nk

One Too Many
Thanks all... and I agree, that mug is awesome. Historyteach24, if you click the link at the very top you can order one for $6. I've considered it off and on, and may just buy one myself.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Today it has warmed up to 20'F already on the mornng. Back to a felt fedora on the head for the morning chores. After chores I have been enjoying the landscape. The snow is lovely. The snow is a refreshing whitener to the more stark and bleak post fall leaf color period. The year-around animals and birds are hard at work in the yard. It is a busy place this morning.

IMG_3629-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

(Hatted in a light brown Adam Executive. This is certainly a mid 50's hat as per the reciept on the bill of sale inside the brim. This brim is an 1/8" wider than my creme hat of same make/model. This one is 2.5" + 1/8. No worries on any wider brim for me. Attitude makes the brim work well. I GOT attitude.)

Last edited:
Eric, Your Adam Exec looks fantastic! Really like the ribbon and binding contrast. Wears great too!

Manfred, The Wegener looks super! (I actually wore my brown Wegener Extra last evening.) Great color and bow work! What was the original brim width?

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Eric, fantastic, looks super on you!

Steve, thank you! Ther original brim wide was 2 3/4 now it's 2 3/8. The super wide brimmed hats looks not so good on me, IMHO.
I really like the brim shape now!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Steve; Thanks. I enjoy the Adam hats. while they were towards the bottom of the price range at the time, they offer some fine wearing and styling hats. I am carefull not to love them to an early death.

Alan; Sharp lid sir. The hat demands attention, IMO.

Fall colors - it seemed appropriate this morning as the sun was out bringing the bright early winter light.

Perry; The wider ribbon on the Knox is sharp on you. You will have to avry the profile shot to profile the ribbon details the next time you wear the hat. Sharp.

Best to all folks, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Clouded up before I headed out to the gym. My dove colored VS just seemed the natural choice on a cool, blustery, cloudy afternoon. The pic below almost shows taper to the crown. The pic is decieving. It has almost no taper. The VS is modeled after the Stetson Stratoliner. My vintage Stratoliner I am sheilding from the harder everyday wear I give my hats. Out it comes for more special occasions.

IMG_3636-M.jpg

The regular viewers of this thread may have already tired of seeing this hat. Apologies offered, but this hat finds my head frequently.

You all must have a hat that is a "go to hat."
Eric -

Last edited:
The regular viewers of this thread may have already tired of seeing this hat. Apologies offered, but this hat finds my head frequently.

Can't have too much of a good thing. That's a very handsome VS. I've always liked the ribbon treatment which recalls one of my favorite 1920s Stetsons.

fray1.jpg

Eric and Alex... thank you for the thumbs up on the Disney.

JAVIER

Practically Family
Thanks gents for the kind words, a fine display of lids by ALL!!!... The FL MUG is my every day work mug, was enjoying some café in my conference room, before my staff got in, less they think i'm a narcissistic ;)

Eric: that's the look on a whippet clone I have in mind fir a custom, love the executive!
Alan: great hat, i'll be searching for a similar one, to nice not too.

Last edited:

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've got a Stetson that looks just about like that, nearly identical, pencil curl, thin ribbon, black. It's tapered as opposed to stovepiped. The sweatband has a really old look and old Stetson coat of arms. Originated in a Franklin, Tennessee store, it says. What makes you think it's from the 20s? Mine clearly could be also, but my hatman guessed the 30s or 40s because it's tapered and not stovepiped. I'd like to think mine is from the 20s also, if there's a reason to think so.

There are a lot of tools stored in Lounge threads to help you date a Stetson hat. Start with the inside. The Fray sweatband, round size sticker and single post sweat ribbon are all clues that point to the 1920s.

fray5.jpg

If you can find a four digit lot number imprinted on the back of the sweat it can help you locate your hat on the timeline in this thread. 3057 places the 1X Nutria pretty comfortably in the third decade of the 20th C... if not a little earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL