Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Perry!
Howardeye: Nice necklace.
HatsRme: I think someone said that the last time I wore it. I get a bit of that 80's big hair rocker vibe from it as well.

Alan, it was absolutely wonderful meeting you, Donna, and of course Lily. As has been said here already, you have so much to be proud of her for and I send along my best wishes for an acceptance letter from here! I hope you all enjoyed A2, even though you weren't in town for very long. Most certainly looking forward to meeting up again soon.

Wonderful 5X CB might I add, the one we were referencing in our conversation I do believe...

And you, Alex! Sharp oxblood with a handsome ribbon design.

This is the hat we discussed... the telescope crown that Lily will not be wearing in Annie Get Your Gun. ;)

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Alan, I really like the color & Brim on that Stetson! What a great hat!

Manfred, that cap looks great on you!

Mystic, that Christy's look sharp! Great hat!

Flute, I really like that Oxblood. Very nice!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
+1. and the coyote is great too. I' m wearing my Gus again today and loving it,but for the fact that it is suddenly a bit too tight. slight headache may be from the bitter cold or the dry heat pumping through the vents... or the hat? also wearing my coyote hooded parka in the spirit of Sam.

Neophyte

The Joicy again. Fooling around with the various mirrors in my dorm room before heading across the street to get some gyros. Man, I need a haircut.

8402200275_6636bc90fb_z.jpg

Last edited:

scooter

Practically Family
I'm assuming this pic is lying on it's side for you, and I don't know how to fix that without more effort than I have time for. Sorry! This is my brown Whippet as I meet our friend's cat for the first time. His name is Mr. Peeps, and as you can see, he is very prim and proper.

Mr%2520Peeps%2520%2528768x1024%2529.jpg

edit: Ok, I couldn't stand it and reoriented the picture.

And his best buddy, Bushy.

20130121_105937.jpg

Last edited:

howardeye

Practically Family
WOW !!

I bet that raccoon had quite the reputation with the lady raccoons. :eyebrows: lol

Very unique necklace, Bert. Bet that starts a lot of conversations.

Actually these were quite common years ago where I live being that a lot of people trapped, hunted, and fished. They were sharpened and used as toothpicks, so the old timers told me when I was growing up. I have made many as toothpicks for people over the years. My neighbor is a trapper so I have always had a good local supply of these bones. The one's you can buy on ebay (baculum) are bleached white and are ugly to me. There is a pair f eyeglasses with them on the bay now. The walrus specimens make great knife handles. Mine are aged naturaly and have a nice color to them. As beautiful as they are I would never put one in my mouth. I do not know who all is reading this so I cannot give the correct name for this coon bone toothpick. Also I used to know someone who was making them in sterling silver as hat pins. I am hoping to get some made again. Thanks for the interest.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Hatto - cool Biskup this morning.

Memph - the Buckeroony looks way better with the new ribbon.

Sam - Rod indeed, you look ready to burst into a rendition of Mandolin Wind

Alan - don't see many of those 5XCBs kicking around here.

Manfred - looking good in the cap today

Bert - a friend of ours, a hunt'n fish'n type (complete opposite of me) used to have what he called a "coon pecker knife". I was never sure if it was made from a coon pecker (once I figured out what one was) or was used for skinning them. Looking at your photo, I'm inclined to think it was the former!

Mystic - the Christy's looks good.

Flute - nice to see you revealed. Love the Optimo, your Oxblood is one of my favorites of the examples I've seen here.

Alexander - the Joicy is a cool hat, nice to see you wearing it.

Scooter - nice hat and looks like you have your hands full there!

Oh, thanks guys for the comments on the Borsalino from waaay earlier in the day!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
David, Justin and Jeff, many thanks for the comments. I really appreciate them

Frank, a nice stingy. Always well, hatted!

Scooter, nice photos with the cats! Your brown Whippet looks fantastic.

Alex, sharp Joicy, this hat fascinated!

flute, good looking Oxblood and nice shoes!

Mystic, very good color for the Christy, sharp hat.

Neophyte

Scooter, I like that brown Whippet, looks good. My own cat looks a lot like Mr. Peeps.

Justin, like the hat, love the coat. Cool ensemble altogether.

Fashion, that stingy looks great on you.

Flute that Optimo Oxblood is stunning!

David, that Pesca is so awesome! That's a self-colored felt strip instead of ribbon, right?

Tom, I love the crease you've got in that Biltmore.

And sincerest thanks to all the compliments on the Joicy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters