Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hairy Selentino today

IMG_2551.JPG

IMG_2553.JPG

IMG_2552.JPG

Mystic

Practically Family
Thumbs up guys :thumb:

Justin, A great look always works.

Tom, Yep, the fawn is a winner.

David, Nice band treatment. Gives it a clean simple elegant look.

Perry, always a classic look.

Nice one, Sam...Like the way you have it tilted.

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Sam, great hat the Selentino. I like the swoop!

Perry, looks perfect hat, tie and sweater.

David, wonderful hat your Pesca. Looks very good on you!

Justin, very stylish your look! Perfect combination.

Tom, the good old Biltmore, a great hat!

Anton Peschel velour

012213_1.jpg

012213_2.jpg

The sunlight helps to show the character of the velour felt, but I'm afraid nothing in the iPhone's bag of tricks can capture the subtle green tone of the ribbon. A good hat for the coldest morning in several years.

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Taking the modified Buckaroo Hat out for a spin with a suit:

photo14.jpg

Last night, wore it to dinner and waiter told me I could leave it on the table in lieu of his tip (Germantown Commissary for BBQ with the wife)

jrbobbyh

New in Town
I began the day in a Brill's Fifteen

0072dl.jpg

and later had to do an interview for a news spot that I'm told will air next week sometime. I didn't know what to don, so I went with the VS Bobby Blue. Unfortunately, the hat won't make a television appearance!

008jy.jpg

Back to Brill's now.

Love the VS Bobby Blue on you. Can you tell me how blue it really looks and how versatile you have found it to be?

Bobby

Neophyte

Alex, you wear this style well.
Is there a photo of the liner and sweatband posted some where on a lounge thread?

Thank you.

As far as I'm able to tell, only three hats made by Joicy of Baltimore have shown up on the Lounge. One was a panama owned by TFL member Stoney. Another is mine, a thin ribbon custom. Lastly, member Swing Motorman has since found the third, nearly identical to mine.

This link will take you to my original post in the Ebay thread, where I provide the listing and a quote of the post containing the Joicy panama.

This link will take you to Swing Motorman's Joicy in the New Hats thread. His post also containd links to some of my own posts about these hats.

This link will take you to my Joicy post in the Lesser Known Vintage Hatters thread, which contains at least one shot of the inside.

I can PM you to quick shots of the inside once I get back to my dorm if you'd like, but hopefully these'll do for now.

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the VS comments, folks!
(It did not make an appearance on tv, but looked damn good walking in and out of the building. Ha!)

Bobby,
the Bobby Blue is a shade or two bluer than the old school midnight blue, which as I understand is usually described as "blacker than black." It's definitely dark enough to wear with formal wear, including my black tuxedo, but frankly I really enjoy the blues coming through, and can wear it almost any time. That "aster" ribbon has a hint of teal in it, and I think that helps bring out the color. Art could most certainly find a ribbon that would help subdue the blues if you wanted something more blackish. I hope this helps!

Today I went WOOL! with a little coyote ruff...

014zs.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
David, nice breather from the grosgrain ribbon! sharp hat.
Perry, classy as always dude!
Sam... that thing is pure grizzly-- it is awesome. one of these days I'll need to buckle down and find a long hair like that.
Justin-- you've got to be the classiest dude on the block! nice campbell coat combo.
Alan, I had forgotten about this Anton Peschel. What an amazing finish. I'm trying to visualize the extra bit of green-- not too difficult.
memphis, I liked it before, but I agree that it's better now. Nice overhaul!
Alex, keep wearing that joicy, man. goes great with that jacket, too. Almost looks like a bomber jacket in Rusty's sepia/antiqued picture.

Neophyte

Thanks Jeff :). It's the Outback Trading Bush Pilot jacket for the college student that can't afford a quality repro.

I tried going hatless today. That was not a good idea in this weather lol. So donned the warmest thing I had, the 3x Resistol "Ft. Worth".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farmerboy