Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the xoxo on the old x, pardners. The curled brim width and crown height on this is quite restrained for this period.

Ale, it is iPhone 5 - low light and a wee bit grainy.

Perry, meant to show some :eusa_clap appreciation for your Tilden today... looks great. What era is this hat from? I notice Henry's still shows a Tilden brand on their website.

lauro13

One of the Regulars
Just got this today. Knox Twenty. Looks to be a Gay Prince imitator.
A43EBBB3-9F7A-44D3-A387-EE8C4D4C62F4-6075-000003E51B89DC2F_zps0c7d5ca4.jpg

lauro13

One of the Regulars
Hey Monte, if you're ever down this way and need a board hit me up, we have a large quiver of boards. Yes, the water is frigid and after 4 hours I couldn't feel a thing but well worth it for the waves in the company of sea otters and dolphins.

Thanks Alan. I'm not that good at dating hats, my guess is 50's. It has the plastic protector over the logo in the liner. Optimo cleaned the hat and the originl sweat needed to be replaced. I found Tilden on the Henry the Hatter website also, but I don't think they're still in production.

Lauro, looking sharp with that Knox GP knockoff.

Hamlet

New in Town
Greetings all. Wore this Bayerland running out and about today. Received a few compliments and the waitress at the diner stopped for a quick feel. "oh! Soft!" she purred as she lightly stroked the brim with her fingertips. I might never take this one off.

bayerland_zpsdf0a52a5.jpg

I'm curious as well. On the auction I thought maybe it was done by the owner but it looks too perfect for that. Here are a few more pics.
A modification would have been my guess too but I don't remember seeing another GP variant from Knox. Perhaps this is why.

Is the felt a suede finish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace