Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino

P1060546.JPG

It is a little more manly now. The work was very impressive... I had to use a 10X loupe to get my seam ripper on the stitches.

Would still like to hear the sonnet. I do have others that might qualify.

121111.jpg

babycav1.jpg

Last edited:

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Jeff, great hats! Very nice still life photo!

RAC, that 4x is sweeeet!

Eric, the snow just never seems to end!! Glad to see you are taking it on with some great lookin' lids!

HatsRme, killer Knox!

Perry, that is a very nice Melton!

Alan, glad to see that strap removed... Greatly improved the look of that hat. Very nice!

Robert, grand Borsalino!

Lefty, sweet shots, and a very casual look! I like it!

Today, I am wearing my newly aquired Stetson Medalist Boater. This one is going to be the main go to hat for awhile, due to the increasing temperatures here... but I shall start to invest in more straws to save this one from heavy wear.

00710.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Was the second (and probably last, judging by recent years) day of Summer today, so I road tested a Guatemalan straw I bought at the Bath VA Vintage Fair on Sunday – swapped out the horrible pungee band for some deadstock French ribbon in a fetching shade of burgundy, added a nice pin I had knocking around, and gave the brim a steam... turned out quite nice for £15 ($20), and I especially like the high crown...

297908_10152745900275471_744508669_n.jpg

Here's a closeup, with the vintage hat brush I bought from the same lady for £7 ($11) in the foreground and other kibble in the background – sorry about the poor light:

61917_10152746646790471_1754093923_n.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
You've all been watching too many Scarface movies and whatnot!! BAhaha!! I looked twice, too...
Thanks to Casechopper, a KNOX Premier to start my day! Rainy here today, though, so a change will be in order before I go out-of-doors.

hatsrme, that is a GREAT Knox.

Eric, I'm enjoying these spring colors, but why not go all the way and wear a straw!? Let's really be optimists!

Alan, it's true there's no lake around here to lend its snowy effect. Even South Dakotans are getting confused. (actually that part is not entirely uncommon.)

David, I forgot I really wanted to cite your beautiful Midnite Tummy. I love that pearl pin accent on it! Gorgeous hat.

Justin, thanks! I hope we do see more of that boater on your head. You wear it awesomely! Can't wait to get mine out-- I'm not sure I've ever worn it in public, but then again the sweatband stitching needs to be handled very gingerly.

Ok everyone, for the sake of clarification, here is a closeup of the "white powder" and its contents. No need to call the authorities!

012uc.jpg

010bf.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David, one of my favorite hats of your collection," The Tumwater "
David; I truly love the color of this " T H2O" hat.
David, I forgot I really wanted to cite your beautiful Midnite Tummy. I love that pearl pin accent on it! Gorgeous hat.

Thank you guys - this blue Tumwater is one of my favorite custom hats. The hats Tony makes have a unique feel to the felt - just a joy to own and wear! Jeff, Tony got himself a bunch of vintage "pearl" pins and he was very kind and sent a couple over here. This dark blue is the perfect setting for one of them.

I'm way too far behind to comment on every post today, but this has been a classic day for extraordinary hats.

g.durand

One Too Many
Getting in late here due to the west coast time lag. Guys I can hardly keep up! All very impressive today! It's cooling down again in the San Francisco Bay Area. Heat waves don't last long. It can be felt weather almost all year around.

VS Whiskey
IMG_2316_zpsf1ae3860.jpg

IMG_2314_zpsca1212bb.jpg

HamilcarBarca3

One of the Regulars
Cool campaign hat, Alanfgag, Reminds me of my days at boot camp :eeek:

All very good covers, very nice!

Today I wore my Royal Stetson hat to Church, I think it's from the 60s.

ZfGbSXj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy