Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Echter Rockel Alsfeld Velour

8682056394_d7a7301dae_c.jpg

Looks great on, Steve.

Thanks alan...the sweat band is in excellent condition...Like new, soft and supple...after it's stretched to fit me, will the hat stay that way, or will it have to be re-stretched every so often?

One can only try and see. Sometimes it lasts but only rarely does the hat remain exactly as it came off the stretcher. The character of the leather sweatband will generally determine how the fit responds. Some leather stretches, some does not. Force is directed primarily at the sides of the hat and too much can cause a tear or a failure at weak points, such as the line of holes where the sweatband seam is sewn. Other undesirable side effects can happen as well. Stretching requires practice and it can help to gain experience on a hat that is not your most precious. If you are a long oval I imagine having a stretcher at hand will prove useful.

A professional reblock will be lasting, but most likely the sweatband will have to be sacrificed.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
My new job has me heading all over town visiting clients in their offices and high rises. Here's a shot in a really nice lobby, downtown Atlanta. I'm wearing my black Dobbs 20. The lighting wasn't that great, but it turned out kinda cool...

And here are a few shots from the 49th floor; looking NW, N, and NE, respectively...

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
AnA, fantastic photos, that is very immpressive. The hat shot is cool too!

Steve, great Rockel, nice to see the hat in action. Looks very good on you!

Eric, the Wanderer enjoyed that weather!

Alan, that early Western hat reminds me at old Western movies! A great hat!

TJones, sharp hat your OR and as Alan said. a hat Stretcher could help to stretch it a bit!

Shangas, Homburger are great! I love that hat style.

Tom, beautiful Artlite!

hatsRme, that is a sharp hat that you have on your head!

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Shangas, Homburger are great! I love that hat style.

I don't wear it that often. I find a black homburg only goes with other black clothing. It looks terrible with the more light-coloured stuff that I generally wear. But I was wearing mostly black when I went out for dinner tonight, so I brought it along with me.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
From the listing when I bought it a couple years ago it's a dimensional brim with a brim width of 2 5/8" front and back and 2 1/2" on the sides.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Homburg's are not reserved for suits, sport coats or blazers only at my house. My Cavaungh kept me styling during the morning dog walk around the lake.

IMG_5020-M.jpg

I chose to wear this hat this morning, as I was storing some pics from my computer last night and was sharing pics from last spring with my wife. The below pic was taken last spring. Spring is late here in MN. I will cross my fingers to see the same blooms shortly. If so, my homburg should appear for a close-up pic.

IMG_1486-M.jpg

Updated: I am heading out for errands and then back to the gym for afternoon and evening. I am reveling in the 60'F weather and the luxury of no travel to gymnastics meets this weekend. Hence I am dressed very casually in my VS Wanderer, jeans and spectators.

IMG_5036-M.jpg

IMG_5038-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Last edited:
Can feel the wind picking up here too. I have the same glasses though with plain lenses. The temples are too short unfortunately. Always loved them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessmiller97