Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Robert.

Ed, there is some iPhondistortia to this photo accentuating the tallness of the crown. It stands about 5" as creased. It did come courtesy of a premier Fedora Lounge tall straight crown aficionado.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
David; It has been fun to see your straws of late. The Stetson is absolutely no slouch - dog of choice for today.

Mallory mania today. Great examples of the brand fellows.

Robert; a gild edge looks like a special edge treatment. After seeing and wearing a plethora of bound edge and raw edge the gilt edge is refreshing.

Alan; It is the top-orea, the cross between a top hat and feodra. Seriousely, the side profile gets cheers.

I am off back to work for the afternoon and evening in my VS Wanderer in granite. The 62'F weather is feeling like spring.

IMG_5225-M.jpg

Thanks, Eric -

delectans

Call Me a Cab
An outstanding day of hats thus far, and a brilliant overture to the week, Tom, David, hatsRme, Perry, Eric, Alan, and Robert! :eusa_clap

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Achilles' Heel

No Hector to contest [Winter Storm] Achilles on the Trojan, or rather, Minnesota Plain last Thursday. We were back to the top of the Winter Storm alphabet after a long and tumultuous Winter, as Achilles unleashed his fury on Southeastern Minnesota, leaving in his wake record snowfall of well over 15 inches in many locales.

In the aftermath of Achilles early Friday morning. Accompanying Ryan and his school-mates to a regional music festival. OPTIMO, Natural Beaver Belly.

Between performances and rehearsal for the evening finale, Lydia and I had time to take a short excursion for lunch and antiques.

The Hubbell House was originally built in 1856 as an inn along the stagecoach route in the frontier town of Mantorville, three years before Minnesota statehood.

My heart beat a little faster as I saw this box sitting on an antique store shelf after lunch.

Alas, the box was empty, but the hat it formerly contained was apparently well travelled.

Still gloomy Saturday morning as we took Ryan to take his SAT.

1930s Dobbs, with 'Improved Cavanagh Edge'.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab

The very heavy and dense, wet snow brought by Achilles caused significant and widespread damage to trees.

A heartbreaking sight.

While waiting for Ryan, Lydia and I took an idyllic drive and arrived at the town of Northfield for a hearty breakfast. The original First National Bank building, site of the failed raid by Jesse James and his infamous James-Younger Gang in 1876.

Continuing in the afternoon in our search for vintage costume, film props and...hats.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab

At a glance I could tell that this vintage boater in the display case would fit my 7-1/2+ noggin.

1930s Knox Premier 'Self-Conforming', conforming to my head with room to spare.

A sunny Spring Sunday. OPTIMO Milan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass