Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Andy-That's a nicely natural looking bash on that Fed. I'm trying to decide whether to go Heritage, Tawny or Moonstone.

Eric-A Lovely pair of hats - I couldn't pick a favourite.

hatsRme-Looks great. I've always relied on lighter fuel, but it can require lightly soaking the whole hat to avoid leaving marks.

Robert-Perfect choice of eyewear for that beauty.

Rusty - a fine hat sir!

TJones- Looks good. Have you tried stretching it yourself - one size should be do-able and it will lengthen the hat too.

Teach- Nice hat. Your year starts much earlier than ours (I work in education, but not on the teaching side).

G.D, - Lovely hat with a great ribbon.

Sam - I always enjoy seeing that one.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Interesting Kent! Yes, we start in early August and end in late May. We have some big changes coming thought and in five years they expect us to be in year round scheduling. We would get mini-vacations spread throughout the year rather than one large one.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Superb start, gents (and especially after a night of entertaining, Eric)!
In hopes of fair weather, the Borsa Milan starts the day...

This hat had the awful marks of where adhesive (from double-sided tape used to affix) bled through the ribbon on all four sides. In a moment of daring, I tried acetone on a white paper towel, and voila! PEFECT. Lucky, I think, as anything could have happened...

Oh, thanks for the tip! I've got a Milan with those double sided tape marks too. Quite the ribbon on yours as well!

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
B.J. & Eric, Fantastic!

Thanks sir.

B.J. Hedberg, I love what you did with the Beaver Brand Western. Awesome work! Do you do that kind of work for other people as well or just on your own hats? I have a couple hats that I'd like to get re-sized.

Thanks. You wouldn't ask that question if you would have saw what I did to my Nostalgia! :eeek: Truth is it takes some time but it's not really too tough. I'm lucky in that the hatshaper block I have is 23" as is my head. If you can get a block, even a plastic one, close to the right size you could do it. The only tough part is sewing the band back in, but if you go slow and can get over sticking pins through to hold it in place, it's not really all that hard either.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Thanks a lot for sharing your great travel-pics, gentlemen. Soooooo inspiring! :eusa_clap

Manfred, your pictures have really turned me on and made me sure, that I have to go back there soon. My youngest daughter has also bombarded me with beautiful pics from her recent trip to Lake Como. She and her boyfriend went for vacation there on his Moto Guzzi ... OMG! Luckily I have a year to brush up my Italian ;)

And what kind of caterpillar is that?
Looks like a white-marked Tussock Moth caterpillar(?) If so, you would probably be quite disappointed to see the metamorphosed thing. A rather unimpressive, small brown/grey moth [huh]

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the compliments on yesterday's photo.

After taking this one, I realized that I should have stood by the apple tree for Alan.

Optimo milan is looking extremely yellow in the intense sun

DSCN5595_zps0c6dc0b0.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
The bad influences round here led to me finally trying an Hawaiian shirt ;), and the Biltmore seemed a good fit:

Excellent combo my friend! Your Biltmore straw and the Hawaiian shirt is a real touch of class!
Everyone's looking great this evening!

I posted these pics in another thread, but I'll post them here as well.

For me this warm evening in Central Ohio I'm wearing my newly acquired Hilo Hattie's Hawaiian shirt and topping it off with my Royal Stetson...

aaor.jpg

...and here I am wearing a Kamehameha topped off with an OR style Bradford...

gopk.jpg

ManofKent

Interesting Kent! Yes, we start in early August and end in late May. We have some big changes coming thought and in five years they expect us to be in year round scheduling. We would get mini-vacations spread throughout the year rather than one large one.

Schools still get the long vacation here, but there's talk of changes. Most schools finish in mid-July with the new year starting at the beginning of September.

ManofKent

Nice Milan Lefty.

Great hat & shirt combo David.

Nice shirts TJ - I wouldn't have spotted the hats were different in those shots. Both lookg good!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Boy howdy nice hats and outfits! A shout to Lefty for being an exemplar fedora wearer. No one paradigm for being a hat wearer on this forum.

Tis the season for Hawaiian shirts I see! Great tribute to the season.

This evening I am picking some raspberries for pie. I wish to complete baking this evening, as tomorrows breakfast should have included of a slice of chocolate raspberry pie. Picking this evening in my Stetson Open Road 25X.

IMG_5751-M.jpg

Making pie crust and getting flour all over. Messy boy, Eric -

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
TheDane, I thank you very much, I knows your kind words to appreciate.
This country is a visit worth and you will not regret it. My Italian language is bad but most of the Italians speek a bit German or English in this area!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic hats the last day! I am back in Germany and late to comment all the posts!
But I am sure you are the best hatted guys on the globe!

HT, a belated happy Birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic