Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cavanagh.

3e64b3469dd04780827001c595aace13.jpg

RBH

Bartender
Enjoying my daughters 2nd birthday party yesterday .
Me in my Brewster Panama
Athena in her Village Hat Shop special.

6110eba3496c47737124bd1132edee31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great photo! I stared my girl wearing hats at that age....she still likes them now!
She insisted I wear a hat at her wedding!

964144_10202456013540531_1510237054_o.jpg

Anyway I would like some info on that Brewster.... brim width ect ect. Also it looks as if it has a thinner ribbon than ones that I found in a search.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
beautiful pic RBH ... you look like an unbelievably proud papa ... love it
... and that hat is fantastic!!!!... what is it ?

as for the Brewster
the brim measures at 2 1/4 ... a little stingy for me but it wears well
the crown is 4 1/4
it has a cloth sweat which I am not an enormous fan of but it is comfortable
... one con for me is that the flange on it is so deep that if you wear it brim up it almost looks like a stingy pork pie.... brim down it's not so bad as you can see in the pic
the ribbon is quite thin... here is a close up pic and an inside pic

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

javadave61

Practically Family
RBH, what are you wearing in that photo? Looks fantastic on you and perfect for the occasion. I see your beautiful daughter all grown up, and 'm trying to imagine my 10 year old on my arm some day. Hard to fathom. But I know I'll blink, and I'll be standing right there. Wonder if she'll let me wear a hat!?

This was the two of us at my son's game tonight. Followed by a self portrait, or as my daughter said, "ooooh selfie!!!" Campdraft in Bluegrass Green, inspired by Photogravity's purchase today.

11698632_10207276276966803_5450838857459256626_n.jpg
11252767_10207276277006804_7042149236098698886_n.jpg

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
RBH. Aprox dimensions. 2.25 inch finished brim with decorative "stitch" pattern. 4 in teardrop "C" crown. 4.5 in side crown and 3.75 back crown. 3/4 in ribbon. Soft pinches with very deep flange. Cloth sweat. Try it on first. Would not buy this hat sight unseen.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
After the strong thunderstorms rolled through this morning the daytime temps fell into the low 70's F. By early evening my part of Minnesota was in the low 60's F. Todays 4" of rain has our lake water level very high.

Summer felt wearing - cheers!

I broke out a couple of vtg. Stetson Stratoliners and spent time outside enjoying the cool summer day. The silver belly and a blue felt hats received a quick brush and a shot of steam after pulling them off their storage shelves.

i-j9R9nbm-M.jpg

i-7rZVKgD-S.jpg
i-XGRcLbC-S.jpg

i-t3QdmPp-M.jpg

i-NZv2dqF-M.jpg

Best wishes to all loungers, Eric -

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
After the strong thunderstorms rolled through this morning the daytime temps fell into the low 70's F. By early evening my part of Minnesota was in the low 60's F. Todays 4" of rain has our lake water level very high.

Summer felt wearing - cheers!

I broke out a couple of vtg. Stetson Stratoliners and spent time outside enjoying the cool summer day. The silver belly and a blue felt hats received a quick brush and a shot of steam after pulling them off their storage shelves.

Best wishes to all loungers, Eric -

damn those things are CRISP!!!

:eusa_clap

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Moon. A recent post of your Stetson Strat. had me thinking Stratoliner this afternoon. As to crisp, patience and many purchases later I am finally getting some quality hats. Reminds me I should find new homes for a few hats.

Love the recent pics sir. Cheers for the family.

Best, Eric -

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Nice lids, everyone! I dig the coconut straw, trevi. SBG, your strats are sublime. I would have posted, but my phone and internet were out all weekend. Seems I got my line unplugged from the box on the side of my building. Probably a case of RTM (Random Tweaker Mayhem), as I believe one of my neighbors had the same thing happen. Wi-fi hotspots were all overloaded due to a tourist town full of tourists, so I spent the weekend almost internet free. Yes, it was horrible. But, all is well now. ☺

Trevi007

One of the Regulars
Nice lids, everyone! I dig the coconut straw, trevi. SBG, your strats are sublime. I would have posted, but my phone and internet were out all weekend. Seems I got my line unplugged from the box on the side of my building. Probably a case of RTM (Random Tweaker Mayhem), as I believe one of my neighbors had the same thing happen. Wi-fi hotspots were all overloaded due to a tourist town full of tourists, so I spent the weekend almost internet free. Yes, it was horrible. But, all is well now. ☺

Thanks Moehawk

RBH

Bartender
beautiful pic RBH ... you look like an unbelievably proud papa ... love it
... and that hat is fantastic!!!!... what is it ?

RBH, what are you wearing in that photo? Looks fantastic on you and perfect for the occasion. I see your beautiful daughter all grown up, and 'm trying to imagine my 10 year old on my arm some day. Hard to fathom. But I know I'll blink, and I'll be standing right there. Wonder if she'll let me wear a hat!?

Thank you Moon and Dave. The hat was a special one made by Major Moore for the wedding.
Here is more info on it.
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...-Moore-Makes&p=1624432&viewfull=1#post1624432

RBH. Aprox dimensions. 2.25 inch finished brim with decorative "stitch" pattern. 4 in teardrop "C" crown. 4.5 in side crown and 3.75 back crown. 3/4 in ribbon. Soft pinches with very deep flange. Cloth sweat. Try it on first. Would not buy this hat sight unseen.

Thanks for the lowdown BR.

Nice looking hats yesterday and as we get into a fine Tuesday. RBH, you posted a pic of yourself with a beautiful woman and everybody asks you about your hat! Must be the FL. lol

Harv, the Cavanagh looks great. Wish I could see Eric's Strats, but his photos aren't coming through for me right now. I can see S4C's Strat, though, and it's a keeper.

Image.jpg Image1.jpg

Another D'Aquino Day for me.

Worth a second look.

A Cavanagh with a Cavanagh Edge, just doesn't get any better! Nice one, Harv.
Thanks Tommy !

Dave, the BG CD is super. I love mine.

Rusty, beautiful pic of you and your daughter.

Eric, love the Strats. The blue one is a personal favorite.

Mark, looking sharp, man.

Fruno, thanks! Like the colors on the Daquino.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy