Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moon, the Strat looks even better now that it's creased and on your noggin. You watched that video of the guy in DC blocking and creasing hats, didn't you?

Hello to everybody else! Great to see today's display!

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
The umbrella was for Miles, Joao. But you're right... I should have worn my Akubra Sombrero!
ah ah ;)

That one is running Windows 7 :D
It's kind of sacrilege have an iMac to run Windows. It goes against the Windows machine philosophy (cheap hardware for a expensive OS).
The only thing that makes me have a windows machine are simulators and 3D modelling software.

My hat today: A Champ featherweight that is bluer than the heavens this cloudy day in Chico.
Looks more grey than blue to me

Back to topic, due to weather conditions, I switched out to a brown Stetson Nutria Quality. This will never be cut down Joao!
That is one I do covet from you. Wish my Nutria had that brim size.

It's also different here, most european hats for men are tamer compared to what you guys all wear. Starting with the crown height.
I personally like a higher crown, yet most associate it with western or orthodox jewish hats.
I have one I wear often and I get a lot of jee haw's when I'm out and about.
And thats what you guys have as a normal hight i think.
That is why I do not like the traditional hats in Portugal: low crown.

I liked the look of the western curl on this stiff modern open road, just not the way it looked on me. So I'm wearing it today, with the brim tamed a bit.
Is it blue or black?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good afternoon. I agree with the sentiment today, "glad to be in the fold," as you folks got some dynamite fedoras/caps/brims. I left early morning with a duo of Vintage Sillouetes. My Wanderer (silver belly) and Stratoliner (sage) inspired fedoras are my hat companions today.

i-MKSV5Qf-M.jpg

i-cNQD7ZB-M.jpg

i-TzKFmfm-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Moon, the Strat looks even better now that it's creased and on your noggin. You watched that video of the guy in DC blocking and creasing hats, didn't you?

Hello to everybody else! Great to see today's display!

hahaha

I'm not sure if an awesome joke just went over my head like a morning dove or there really is a video

honestly I learn from pictures in this very thread

cats like hatophile, g.druand, Short Balding Guy, Miamibruno, Alan, Tommy, and yourself show me all I need to know to make a hat look razor sharp

thank you as well for the compliment... I am loving this hat

Thanks!

Does anyone know the German name for men's hats like these?

In the time period they might have a specific model name based on the location or by the company that made them. I think in general Jagd-Lodenhut (Loden Hunting Hat) or something similar would fit. You can look through this old (1915) Anton Pichler Graz catalog. I have other old catalogs on my website.

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/25-anton-pichler-hutfabrik-josef-pitchler-sohne/#entry1232

Last edited:
Thank you!
It comes from the czech republic, it's felt with somewhat of a corduroy effect.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Sorry I am late to reply. It's what Tonak calls "Panter Number 7". This is what my contact at Tonak had to say about it.

"From rabbit hare.

After making the hatbodie - it is pressed on a special form.
It creates the plastic relief (plastic effect)"

Do you have a Tonak color card?

Josh, Thanks! This type of brim work doesn't last much longer. I know you have some great examples.

Bob, Thanks!

Charlie, Thanks! I pulled this one out of the vault. :)

Harv, Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany