Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great hats all round again. Nice to see another Playboy Fruno (the hat too).
:rolleyes:

Sweet Cav Moon:D

Don't tell my wife.

And echoing Bob, Happy Thanksgiving everybody. And remember...

1926223wkrp.jpg

Jack. That's a great looking Gus. I came close to getting that same style from Rich, but I ended up getting a western fedora. I'm waiting on it now, and I'm strongly leaning towards a larger western for my next purchase from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lt.,

I'm sure you will enjoy your new hat when it arrives. I look forward to seeing some pics. Ritch has a couple of hats in the Outdoor Enthusiasts series that I favor. I'm planning on going up to the 140th anniversary of the Little Big Horn next June. Maybe I'll go into Billings & order one.

Thanks to you & hatophile for the compliments!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good afternoon. Safe travels to all the US folks traveling for the Thanksgiving Holiday. Enjoy this day when giving thanks and sharing a meal with family and friends. I truly enjoy this US Holiday.

In the US this is traditionally a travel day before the Thanksgiving Holiday so today the gym is closed. I am enjoying a day off by completing some yard work. I brought the dock in and completed picking up the yard in my vtg. Stetson Playboy (grey). I was reading posts and comments about the vtg. Playboy's and I was motivated to pull one out. Love the soft felt. As you can tell in the pic the crown and creases got banged around a bit. No "perfect" hat creases when the hat and I go to work. The vtg. Timex advertisement slogan applies; "It takes a lick'n and keeps on tick'n."

i-rvJsF4C-M.jpg

i-fP9wC76-M.jpg

This afternoon I needed to store some yard furniture. My vtg. Adam Mainstreet was my afternoon fedora. I really enjoy the unique brim and ribbon treatment.

i-KHH9g6n-M.jpg

EstherWeis

Vendor
Good afternoon. Safe travels to all the US folks traveling for the Thanksgiving Holiday. Enjoy this day when giving thanks and sharing a meal with family and friends. I truly enjoy this US Holiday.

In the US this is traditionally a travel day before the Thanksgiving Holiday so today the gym is closed. I am enjoying a day off by completing some yard work. I brought the dock in and completed picking up the yard in my vtg. Stetson Playboy (grey). I was reading posts and comments about the vtg. Playboy's and I was motivated to pull one out. Love the soft felt. As you can tell in the pic the crown and creases got banged around a bit. No "perfect" hat creases when the hat and I go to work. The vtg. Timex advertisement slogan applies; "It takes a lick'n and keeps on tick'n."

This afternoon I needed to store some yard furniture. My vtg. Adam Mainstreet was my afternoon fedora. I really enjoy the unique brim and ribbon treatment.

That hat is a BEAUTY! that ribbon is something else!

g.durand

One Too Many
Michael, I appreciated your "ranking" of felts in another thread.... Vintage first, Custom second, and... modern Stetson felt, quite a ways down the list. Where would you rank Akubra felts?

Dave--first the caveat: I own three Akubras. I have three Premier Stratoliners and have handled several other modern Stetsons. So it's a small sample size.

Based on my experience and what I read here, Akubra does a better job with quality control. All my Akubras are well made. No flaws in the felt, good execution to the stitching, etc. I don't recall too many complaints from Loungers about poorly made Akubras.

Akubras aren't finished to a high level, meaning the felt feels a little bit coarse, but they are consistent, meaning there are no detectable flaws in the felt. For the price, they are a bargain, and like everyone else I can attest to their durability.

Modern Stetsons, on the other hand, have inconsistencies from hat to hat. Some are well executed, the felt is good and fairly well-finished and some aren't. A lot of those faults are pretty well documented here.

I would rank Akubras above modern Stetsons and a better value.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Have a Happy Thanksgiving all
5X Resistol

Nice! Cavalry officer cords on a grey Resistol. I recently received a similar hat and was toying with the idea of doing something similar, but with infantry cords. I just converted a Dyanfelt to a Confederate slouch hat for my brother and the thing got me pondering making one for myself. Glad to see someone else out there sporting hat cords other than troopers and mounties.

javadave61

Practically Family
Dave--first the caveat: I own three Akubras. I have three Premier Stratoliners and have handled several other modern Stetsons. So it's a small sample size.

Based on my experience and what I read here, Akubra does a better job with quality control. All my Akubras are well made. No flaws in the felt, good execution to the stitching, etc. I don't recall too many complaints from Loungers about poorly made Akubras.

Akubras aren't finished to a high level, meaning the felt feels a little bit coarse, but they are consistent, meaning there are no detectable flaws in the felt. For the price, they are a bargain, and like everyone else I can attest to their durability.

Modern Stetsons, on the other hand, have inconsistencies from hat to hat. Some are well executed, the felt is good and fairly well-finished and some aren't. A lot of those faults are pretty well documented here.

I would rank Akubras above modern Stetsons and a better value.

You know, that value part is a big consideration. All the Premieres I've picked up have been half off or more at the outlet, making them the same as an Akubra. But at full price, it would be hard not to go custom. And Akubra beats it hands down at that point.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran