Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Bartender
Goose. said:
Did yard work in my Capricorn this afternoon...

497495988_jeg3b-S-1.jpg
Looks nice on you Goose... what do you think of the 'straw'?

Torpedo

One Too Many
MetroPD, I am glad to see you kept your composture...
Gene, excellent pics! They look very natural.
Paladin, sharp as always!

Today it was my borderline-stingy (2'' brim ;) ) Stetson Whippet. For a change, the wife took the pic.

DSC_0341-1.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
such handsome fellas in these three hats

Looks like a Whippet kinda day going on...very nice.

Wow, the guys on FL sure know how to pose for pics in their hats and vintage clothes!

Is the Stetson Whippet just a vintage hat? Okay, so I have A LOT to learn about mens' hats... its a whole new world...

Goose.

Practically Family
RBH said:
Looks nice on you Goose... what do you think of the 'straw'?
Thanks RBH. Received the Capricorn about a month ago. This was the first time I really wore it for any length of time. Impressed.
Why was I "impressed"? Fits perfectly and so comfortable right out of the box. Cool, light, and decent brim for sun protection.

Working the yard on a warm day with no clouds and I actually never gave the hat a thought. Didn't realize that until I finished mowing the lawn and thought how I didn't take the hat off once to wipe my forehead or cool down as I usally do while wearing other hats (includes ball caps, felts, boonie, or packer). As stated, first time I really wore it and not once did I give it a thought. So comfortable and cool.

These Akubra "straws" have my vote for working the yard or while worming your horses (ref: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showpost.php?p=761012&postcount=9481)

As for the "straw" (woven polypropylene) itself. Call this my "Banana Split Bowl" as it reminds me of the plastic bowls used at a place I'd get dessert from as a kid. Same color and "give" in the plastic. Hope that the "shine" softens a bit as it's exposed to the ozone hole while in the sun (better the lid than my head).

I never thought I'd be caught wearing a plastic hat with the exception of St. Patrick's day or attending a Devo concert. But I saw this hat on the forum and "had" to try it. Now awaiting my grey Capricorn from Sam at Everthing Australian.

498701787_Fkght-S.jpg

J.T.Marcus said:
Whether you went as judge, plaintiff, defendant, counselor, or juror...You showed up in style! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Mr. P., I'm certain that if you were in the "hot seat", the judge and jury would be lenient with you just for that smile and a few more years off your sentence for that hat. Sharp!

J.T.Marcus said:
Torpedo, "Border-stingy," I like the hat, and the way you describe it! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
:eusa_clap Yep!

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Thanks much, for the kind comments folks!!

chanteuseCarey, the Stetson Whippet was a popular hat that spanned many years, was offered in many colors and some varying styles, and had many imitators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou