Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Today's hat, TonyB's blue ribbon. I dressed it way down today as I had the day off, but wearing this one I feel dressed up in a t-shirt and jeans. Hey, Jim. I think you're right about the Shadow. He seems to be standing behind me too. :eek:

IMG_1008.jpg

BobC

RBH said:
Great pictures everyone!!!
Getting ready to do a little gardening in my new cocoa Miller milan.

013hop.jpg

Rusty, I like that color, Gilgamark has a cocoa milan too. I sent my gray 7 1/4 back for an upsize - it just felt too small even though that's my usual size. I'm thinking there may be a cocoa in my future as well.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
beautiful, gents

and the hats too!:) BobC, RBH. J.T., and 1oldGI, very nice... I especially like that cocoa Miller milan. DH could use a nicer (and more way cool) hat for gardening, where did you get yours?

Goose.

Practically Family
kiltie said:
Wait a minute there Goose; you might be on to something. If he get's a big enough head, he may be compelled to sell off his current collection ( to especially smarmy Lounge members, of course ) to subsidize a new one. Maybe we're all wrong here?
I like the way you think Kiltie! That Douglas is one cool cat in looks and plan ;)

chanteuseCarey said:
Vintage white rabbit fur hat found at the Vintage Fashion Expo in SF on Saturday. 14-1/2yo dd picked this hat out for herself actually, so she said I should write y'all that she LET me wear it...
Beautiful hat.
I tip my hat to you for the decorum of your posts, your elegant style, and to your daughter for her good taste.
It's great to see a woman that is a lady.

BobC

chanteuseCarey said:
and the hats too!:) BobC, RBH. J.T., and 1oldGI, very nice... I especially like that cocoa Miller milan. DH could use a nicer (and more way cool) hat for gardening, where did you get yours?

Ms. Carey, these came from Miller Hats in Houston. And thanks for the kindness.

http://www.millerhats.com/milantd_index/index.html

All of them are the Model 73 teardrop. Rusty's has been subjected to a ribbon change to a thin ribbon....who'da thunk that? :eek: :p lol lol lol

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
thank you Goose.

What a kind compliment. It is very nice to be so well received by all of the folks (especially the gentlemen;) ) here at FL with my being new in town. I'm a smart cookie- forget the Powder Room (okay, well mostly), this lady thinks its much more enjoyable to visit with the big boys!

I've actually only been doing Vintage clothes and accessories for about a month, maybe a month and a half. I value and appreciate the positive feedback I've received. I blame the whole thing on having spent practically a lifetime of watching sooo many wonderful old movies from the 30's and 40s and listening to and singing the standards.

At least for me personally, this kind of look requires a high level of self confidence, self esteem and maturation. I never could have done this years ago! There's been quite a life's journey that needed to happen first. THEN, I was at the stage of my life emotionally, physically, and spiritually to be able to do this, and pull it off well.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
thank you BobC for this info.

I clicked on the link, saw the pictures and just smiled and sighed...:) Next time I have a good excuse for a present for the hubby, its gonna be a Model 73 teardrop. Hm, young Daniel may be game for one for his bday in the summer, as they have it in sizes smaller than a 7 too.

BobC said:
Ms. Carey, these came from Miller Hats in Houston. And thanks for the kindness.

http://www.millerhats.com/milantd_index/index.html

All of them are the Model 73 teardrop. Rusty's has been subjected to a ribbon change to a thin ribbon....who'da thunk that? :eek: :p lol lol lol

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Torpedo said:
For me, today it was another borderline-stingy hat, a 2'' brim Dobbs Twenty. I had a spontaneous intervention: little Laura, showing off a headress of her own, too... :D

DSC_0354.jpg

HarpPlayerGene said:
Dobbs Twenty 2" brim for me today too:

DSC_0015.jpg

Could a 2" brim be the new "standard of excellence?" :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Torpedo

One Too Many
J.T.Marcus said:
Could a 2" brim be the new "standard of excellence?" :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I have found that I tend to wear infrequently my "true" stingies, these being phased out by larger brimmed hats; but the various 2'' brim hats I have keep their ground - their proportions are good, they still have the "classic" look, at least to my eye. :D

Thank you everybody for the nice comments!

RBH, BobC, those "Miller 73" are certainly eye-catching, you look dapper in them. BTW, how's that "pearl" colour?

JTMarcus, would that Stetson be one of the "Temple of Doom" era offerings? As you demonstrate, these certainly looked way, way better than current "official" Indy hats... Those Disney characters behind you seem to be excited about it, too. ;)

Gene, I these pics you are posting lately are the way to go! The Dobbs Twenty in grey is great, too!

JTL, I see you are not beyond putting a feather in your ribbon! This one suits your hat well.

Regards!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Rusty, that Milan looks fantastic on you. I can't believe that's only a 2 5/8" brim -- it just looks wider. Either way, it suits you well!

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Torpedo said:
JTL, I see you are not beyond putting a feather in your ribbon! This one suits your hat well.

Thanks, Torpedo. That is called a "pressed feather" hatband. I think they look very cool.

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
chanteuseCarey said:

Looks great, Carey. I am fascinated by women's "fashion" hats -- hats that are essentially decorative, rather than functional. Watching classic movies, it really is amazing to see the creativity that goes into the design of these hats. What a different universe from slapping on the ol' ten gallon and hitting the trail...:D

Cheers,
JtL

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
the Milan is a definite winner

thanks for showing the grey color as well. Good idea to ask for the pic Torpedo... As DH has had only one newly made Panama bought locally to wear in the warm seasons, I'm glad to see another great choice available. I think a Milan may be in his future...

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
He wore it, he wore it!!

Yesterday morning hubby wore one of his (two) fedoras to take dd to school- said it solved the morning hair issue quickly... Then in the evening he wore it to church for choir practice. Despite it being a serious faux pas, he kept it on inside during the rehearsal. It looked great on, though no pics were taken. He even had it on working in the garden a bit too. I think its his way of starting to warm up to the idea of wearing a nice hat out and about... He's worn his Panama places in the summer on various occasions but a vintage felt fedora is a whole new ballgame for him. Perhaps my wearing a hat to choir encouraged him to do the same, or my recent foray into the world of vintage hats is starting to rub off on him...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters