Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wearing my 1989 Kevin O'Farrell today.

scs11s.jpg

That's become my favorite of yours, HJ. That band is perfect for that hat.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I did. Don't know how people can keep a long stache.
Buy one ;)
It can drive you crazy ! I had one , then trimmed it , growing it back . Now I remember why I trimmed it . Buy Moustache Wax , and glue it out of your mouth .

Wearing my 1989 Kevin O'Farrell today.

scs11s.jpg

That's become my favorite of yours, HJ. That band is perfect for that hat.

HJ < It is , but All of yours are my favorites , I'd have a tough time picking just one . Killer Hats and bands , love the beaded ones .

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
935529f891365207a00ce50447f8cbd3.jpg

Same as yesterday, and probably tomorrow...

56FG , I love that Hat ! Great Picture ! Is that Dark Moss ?

HJ , Mine go upside down (The Few I Posted) , but if you just rotate them all the way around , I don't know why , they'll be right side up when you Post . Have fun at the BBQ !

Last edited:

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Hey all!
I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend (where applicable)!
For me, a 3X on this fine MemORial Day Sunday.

bc49440b5ec2a2057fae33f1b57ffb64.jpg
c4b27ba18b4b9a8cd85ab25788de492d.jpg
e4bc144700bdf10b4a373eb57f82f672.jpg

Compared to before the recent cleaning, this thing almost glows!
Have a great day!

Looks Great MOE ! I need a vintage MemORial Day Hat . I wore mine after Church to eat and to visit my Dad , but modern . I like it , but vintage would be so much better . Remember those who gave there lives serving for others this MemORial Day , so evil would be stopped . No greater love than to lay down ones life for a friend . Many many have . One did for All .

56FordGuy

One of the Regulars
56FG , I love that Hat ! Great Picture ! Is that Dark Moss ?

HJ , Mine go upside down (The Few I Posted) , but if you just rotate them all the way around , I don't know why , they'll be right side up when you Post . Have fun at the BBQ !

Thanks! I forget exactly what the color is, but Mike Moore and Rocky at Buckaroo Hatters made it for me a few years ago while I was down south.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Very nice day here today. Unfortunately I have a summer cold. That didn't deter me from taking my attempt at a turn of the century baseball cap out for a bicycle ride.
P1180487 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
It's an eight panel made from linen with a leather bill upper and stiffening.
5-29-2016 Today&#x27;s Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr

I think I need to go back a few pages here and catch up on the show.

Michael

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Thanks! I forget exactly what the color is, but Mike Moore and Rocky at Buckaroo Hatters made it for me a few years ago while I was down south.

Buckaroo Hatters is 30 minutes from me ! I've gone by several times , but just saw the sign saying :Open Saturday (Hours) , and Sunday (Hours) . I'll get there some weekend . Mike & Rocky did a super Job ! What felt body did you use ? Bunny , Bunny/Beaver 50/50 , or 100% Beaver ? Beautiful Hat though !

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Looks Great MOE ! I need a vintage MemORial Day Hat . I wore mine after Church to eat and to visit my Dad , but modern . I like it , but vintage would be so much better . Remember those who gave there lives serving for others this MemORial Day , so evil would be stopped . No greater love than to lay down ones life for a friend . Many many have . One did for All .
Thanks! I was going to wear it yesterday for SatORday, but it was just too dang hot for felt. Do get yourself an OR if you have the opportunity, it is just such a classic lid and versatile for any city/country attire. Mine is a late 60's model, I'd like an older one someday but this one is just fine for now! :)

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Thanks! I was going to wear it yesterday for SatORday, but it was just too dang hot for felt. Do get yourself an OR if you have the opportunity, it is just such a classic lid and versatile for any city/country attire. Mine is a late 60's model, I'd like an older one someday but this one is just fine for now! :)

Oh Yeah , I have a Modern 6X OR , but I tried playing with it , making the oval more long , and it Tacoed on me . Sides turned up . Its Okay , but I may be out of my league . I think I'll have to take it down flat to get the Taco Out , then no flange at all . Not Good . It looks like an Ranger more , now , to me , just a shorter brim . I loosened up the center crease , and raised it , too . I may need to search the Bay , but some of those sellers are CRAZY ! Blocks and Brim Flange things , WOW ! $$$ I saw a Great Hat Stretcher like Buler has , it was Really Crazy High , but you get what you pay for Usually , if you study . I know you have Equipment .

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
The only piece of equipment I have that's not homemade or improvised is a flange I found on the 'Bay for cheap. Everything else is non-standard. Most of my wider brims are shaped by putting them in a big shallow wooden bowl I found at a thrift store and moistening the felt, then weighing it down with socks filled with rice until it dries into the shape. Microwaving the socks till the rice is warm can help with a stubborn brim. I just try to go into any project not fearing failure but ready to learn all I can from it if it happens.
It also helps to have a few cheap thrift store hats around that you care little about to try stuff out on before attempting it on a good one.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo