Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hello again,

I have been unable to make any contribution for a couple of weeks, because of a problem with my Internet server. Here I am again (this is not intended to be taken as a threat... :D )

I have seen so many fine hats in this thread these past days, that I could not really single out just a few... so hats off to all of you!

I think this is a good occassion for a bowler... this is one of my few modern hats, a Beaver Brand in a brown color known as "Mink".

DSC_0407-3.jpg

Note I have added a green and red feather, with some yellow accents. This goes well with the bowtie, and, I feel, de-formalizes the hat a little bit.

DSC_0408.jpg

Regards!

Razzman

One Too Many
Thanks RBH. The brim is about 3", crown is 4 1/2" in front, 5" on the side. The straw is a bronze color. The pugaree is a three pleat, 2" from the Fedorastore called Paradise Print.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
My latest hat, in an attempt to find a good broad brimmed hat that will not fly off while driving the Willys, is a rescued Stratton, probably an F-42 in beige. It came with a black grosgrain, but I added the brown three fold pug just to see how I liked the color combination. I soaked it in denatured alcohol for about a day and a half to soften it up, and rebashed it with a diamond bash. I also ironed out the brim and turned it down for better sun protection. I like the grommets in the brim because I can easily take the chinstrap on and off, so it's not flopping around my ears when I don't need it. I just carry a piece of leather shoestring in my pocket and a cordlock, and instant chinstrap.

0429090639.jpg

0429090642.jpg

0429090640a.jpg

I found that I really like the color combination, and get more compliments on this hat than any other. I will replace the mock-puggaree with something a little better looking at some point, but for now it works pretty well, and doesn't look too bad.

I think I paid about $20 for this hat about 5 or 6 months ago, but it has been sitting around just waiting for the time to bloom. The felt is thick as hell, though, so I'm not sure how well it will work out when the temps starting hitting 110 around here. Still,it is just about bulletproof, and should be the perfect Willys hat.

rrog

A-List Customer
I'm not wearing this today, but I did wear my Fed IV when my daughter had her dress up tea party for her seventh birthday party. Here's my pride and joy (I'm talking about my daughers, not the hat!):

Me and Tori:
100_05112.jpg

Me and Marti:
100_05102.jpg

Life doesn't get much better than two beautiful daughers and a nice Akubra Fed IV!

rrog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou