Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper Man

Banned
St.Ignatz said:
CIMG1049-1.jpg

:eusa_clap I dig it. What's the color on that baby? Looks green(ish) from here.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jimmy the lid said:
I will simply add that looking straight down at one's feet and seeing nothing but 4,000 feet to the floor of the Grand Canyon is a somewhat disconcerting experience. It took a bit of getting used to before I could really stop and look straight down without feeling like I was about to plummet. :eek:Cheers,
JtL

Great hat for the locale JTL. Don't worry about the height; anything over 300 feet is all relative anyway ;) !!!

Mr. Paladin

Torpedo said:
I selected the black Whippet today. This one goes well with sterner combinations... this one is mostly grey and black, with just the right amount of red in the bowtie to relieve the general somberness of the outfit.

Great ensemble there, Torpedo. I like black hats and that one is superb! Good job with the clothing coordination.

JPMcAdara

Familiar Face
Quote Form Torpedo--"JP. that Sahara colour combines well with the navy jacket."

Thanks, Torpedo. I am not usually a huge fan of the navy blue and brown combo, but that Sahara really seemed to work nicely. Great bowtie by the way!!!

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Wearin' me:

hatb.jpg

Have lots of work to do around the place today... so, I'm not too fancy but, it's a very fun cap to wear... I've always loved trains and wore one of these since a child.;)

PS: Rick, I love your avatar... Good ol' Grampa Simpson! Love it! Oh and your hat is pretty swell, is that straw?

Rick Blaine

Forgotten Man said:
Wearin' me:

Oh and your hat is pretty swell, is that straw?

clothfed-1.jpg

Naw, it is this NOS cloth fedora from an eBay auction out Idaho way. Very thin & cool in our relentless summers.

BTW how'd you get a photo in front of the Trylon & Perisphere? Photoshop? Looks like you were there!

Rick Blaine

Lefty said:
You look like a younger, slimmer, more sophisticated Jean Reno. Very nice.

I have been told we favor each other.
:eek:fftopic:
I spend alot of time in Mrs. Blaines' native Western Canada where 'ze French are not exactly loved, so I make sure to speak in a BROAD East Tennessee drawl!
:D

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Rick Blaine said:
clothfed-1.jpg

Naw, it is this NOS cloth fedora from an eBay auction out Idaho way. Very thin & cool in our relentless summers.

BTW how'd you get a photo in front of the Trylon & Perisphere? Photoshop? Looks like you were there!

Aw, that's sharp! I could tell it wasn't felt but, wasn't sure if it was cloth or straw.

Yeah, photoshop is the key to many of my avatars and my mode of time travel. I'm lucky that there were many full color quality photos taken at the fair to be able to play with.;)

Stoney

Practically Family
I like it

It looks great on you and you look like a very happy man wearing it!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

JPMcAdara said:
Today I get to show off my new Buckaroo Hatters fedora by Major Mike Moore. It is Sahara in color and has a vintage brown ribbon. 2 1/2 inch brim, but I am unsure on the crown height. I really love this fedora!!! Plus I could not have worked with a better guy. Thanks, Mike.

100_0562.jpg

JP

carter

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino Optimo from ebay with roses.
This hat was advertised as and came in a Borsalino box but there is no Borsalino labeling on the sweatband or the crown so I'm a bit skeptical.
However, it's a nice Optimo and it fits. [huh]
3514003150_4c85150d08.jpg

Atticus and St. Ignatz, You gents are looking good along with JPMcA... & KaoS.

Slim, It's good to see you back. Hope your continued recovery is going well.

Rick, Yep, the uncanny resemblance is still there. Interesting cotton cloth Farmer's Hat. Do you just dunk it in water and put it back on when it becomes unbearably hot?

Torpedo, Another terrific look but I get hot (in a good way) just looking at that picture.

Forgotten Man, That's an iconic cap. Can we see it on your noggin?

Stoney

Practically Family
Holy Smokes Batman!

Jimmy,

The hat looks great, But I think I'd have to try on a fresh pair of pants after going over that bridge>

jimmy the lid said:
the Skywalk Bridge at the Grand Canyon. I now have some sense of how Indiana Jones felt when he stepped out into the abyss in The Last Crusade. :eek: Definitely a unique experience...;)

Skywalk2.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes