Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose.

Practically Family
Today, I decided it was "The Man in Black" gig.
Fed IV Standard Black....

535605716_i8PrN-M.jpg

Michaelshane

One Too Many
DOUGLAS said:
You are killing me.:eusa_doh:

Douglas,I knew you'd hate that....It's exactly like the one you just bought.It's a little small for me,I'm sending it to Optimo for sizing.They will probably put a new sweat in it,but I'm not a collector I'm a wearer.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Michaelshane said:
Douglas,I knew you'd hate that....It's exactly like the one you just bought.It's a little small for me,I'm sending it to Optimo for sizing.They will probably put a new sweat in it,but I'm not a collector I'm a wearer.

It is some great felt. Try to keep the sweat fot reference and enjoy it man these dream buys don't come around too often. I like the idea of having multiples.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Catching up with you and your terrific hats...

these few days! With one of the gents in Indonesia, one in Japan, one in Spain, one in France, and many in the US and the even the UK- I feel like I've been on a hat world tour!!

Been super busy since the weekend- and this week is getting busier moment by moment! This Saturday is the Art Deco Ball at the Paramount Theater in Oakland, CA. We're all going, and volunteering. Its white tie and Daniel will be getting to wear his recently procured vintage beaver top hat.

:eek:fftopic: (sortof)My to-do and appts list for this week leading up to the Ball is so big, I need a social secretary- like wealthy ladies in the films of the Golden Era probably had! "Yes, Mrs. Linsley, I'll get that ordered for you. Here is the list you requested, your appointment for four o'clock is waiting for you in the Drawing Room, Mrs. Linsley. Oh, you are most welcome Mrs. Linsley, the pleasure is indeed all mine."

I was frantically calling Selix on the weekend (along with talking to Mr. M. Deckard of FL fame too- different subject tho), and have now taken Daniel not once but twice (and we ain't done yet) to get him a pair of tuxedo pants that fit him. If we can get a pair with some adjustability that fit him okay now, we've decided to buy him a pair from Selix. He'll use them again hopefully at the beginning of Sept for a Queen Mary Deco event in So. Cal. And who knows what formal event(s) the summer may hold...

Ah, the life of an impossibly rich, well dressed and well heeled heiress with perhaps too many hats in a 1939 Paramount film is never dull!

Will keep checking in all week on this thread as I can... looking sharp gentlemen!

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Michael, Jimmy and Goose, those are wonderful lids!

- - - - - - - - - -

Below was my get-up for the afternoon today. The hat's a Mallory.

Hey gtdean, no suspenders in this one -- and you can't tell whether I've got a belt on or not this time. So there! lol

DSC_0001.jpg

BobC

HarpPlayerGene said:
Michael, Jimmy and Goose, those are wonderful lids!

- - - - - - - - - -

Below was my get-up for the afternoon today. The hat's a Mallory.

Hey gtdean, no suspenders in this one -- and you can't tell whether I've got a belt on or not this time. So there! lol

DSC_0001.jpg

Are you wearing pants? :eek: lol lol lol

carter

I'll Lock Up
Michaelshane, Your $5.00 Borsalino is a terrific find!
The rest of you guys know you look good so :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap to you all.

This one really got me. It's the photo at a link posted by Kiltie. He and other gentlemen were piping at the memorial services for two fallen Houston firefighters.
3527560288_68bb91f0de.jpg

Gentlemen, I salute you.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
looks like they ain't wearing pants either...

I mean no disrepect toKiltie. What a wonderful thing to play for the memorial...

carter said:
Michaelshane, Your $5.00 Borsalino is a terrific find!
The rest of you guys know you look good so :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap to you all.

This one really got me. It's the photo at a link posted by Kiltie. He and other gentlemen were piping at the memorial services for two fallen Houston firefighters.
3527560288_68bb91f0de.jpg

Gentlemen, I salute you.

Mr. Paladin

indycop said:
Seriously though, I just don't get all the I can't wear my felt until winter stuff that is always said here. People used to wear long sleeves, long pants and felt hats for hard work. I do realize some felts are thicker and can be hotter but some like the campdraft to me are not to thick or hot to wear. [huh]

True, I wear my long sleeves, tie, and cover all year long at work and it gets hot here in Texas too. I have three straws for wear in summer but nearly always wear my felt ORs or fedoras all year long. Thats why there has not been any pics of me in straws; just don't wear them much.

Mr. Paladin

Michaelshane said:
This is my yard sale borsalino..

I've been wearing felt hats year around for many years.Long sleeves and hats are for shade.

That looks superb Michaelshane. Excellent crease on a beautiful hat...and I agree about the sleeves and hats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou