Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Familiar Face
AlanC said:
Schoble from johnnyphi

p1100144.jpg

Shot with DMC-FZ7 at 2009-05-10

nice looking attire

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Unusually cool and very rainy morning here in North Texas. Had chores to run and it just felt like an Open Road kind of day. This is my moth-repaired specimen.

Rainyday-OR002.jpg

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Borsalino

This hat is in near perfect condition.I doubt it was ever worn at all. I think Carter wanted an interior shot.
DSCN8659.jpg

DSCN8666.jpg

DSCN8667.jpg

DSCN8670.jpg

DSCN8668.jpg

The interior is absolutely pristine. The felt is sublime.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Douglas, That Borsalino is Superlative!

Mr. P., You just can't keep an OR down. Perfect for our weather this morning.

Gene, Thoses Supernaturals just get better with age. That's a hat with Character!

Geoff, And the Spirit definitely shows. Great rebuild!

WineGuy

A-List Customer
Just got my Montecristi Gatsby extrafino...not sure of quality

I just received today my Montecristi Gatsby Extrafino. I researched Panama Hats best I could before making the purchase but I'm not sure I got the quality represented. The etailer Ultrafino Montecristi Panama Hats sold this hat for $99 and claimed it was extrafino grade(3rd from their best) and took over 4 weeks to weave. Since there is no real standard to go by and they did not list the "Cuenta" up front, the only info I can give is that on inspection the weave turned out to be 10x12 (120 Cuenta)which most PH retailers would call subfino. Despite the low row count the hat has an interesting pattern in that the top of the crown and the brim both alternate from the Brisa pattern to the Llano(herringbone)see photo attached. Could this be considered a more premium type of weave? Right now I just wanted a good summer hat with respectable quality, does anyone have anything good or bad to say about the price/quality of this hat? Thanks

Note the alternating pattern
PH2.jpg

Note the weave is at least consistent and symmetrical, just not fine.
PH1.jpg

EHPH1.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Viper Man said:
Great hats, gents! I am digging the thin ribbons today.:eusa_clap

Today I am wearing my Royal Deluxe OR Optimo rebuild, it's a thin ribbon in spirit! :D

364038203.jpg

Gets me every time, V-man. Fantastic looking lid! :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

kiltie

Practically Family
first post in a while...

...DOUGLAS - the Dobbs looks fantastic!
Been busy, busy, busy at Casa de Kiltie. I did have the presence of mind to get a couple of hat pics, though. It's largely been "same old, same old...", as I haven't scored anything new of remark lately. Here are a few recents, though:

Camp Draft, out at my aunt's house -

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/safdkiltie/IMG_0147.jpg

Channeling my inner Indy; Christys' Adventurer, worn while hunting for arrowheads around the lake -

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/safdkiltie/IMG_0187-1.jpg

And finally, this is what started the general business at the start of April; piping at the memorial services of two Houston firefighters killed in the line while battling a fire. Feather Bonnet: maker unknown -

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/safdkiltie/IMG_0171.jpg

After that funeral came Fiesta week and more parades and piping and plenty to do at the firehouse, thus hindering my posting ( a bit of lurking, though ). Also been saving for vacation, and this site is such an effing enabler :p . Everyone has been looking sharp in the "Hats Today" section - my favorite section. See y'all around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic