Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stetson Fifteen Imperial Mode Edge
50210f991d2562af6a5fb71ad8dff227.jpg

49e33cbab8c981dec56ecbd030a5f27b.jpg

cb97f40c58d0c61fc8abd443a7697301.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Another great one Moon! Love the gray!

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
As folks suffer in the Midwest and Great Lakes regions, we have 75° sunny weather here in Virginia Beach. I'm out in the backyard listening to birds, wind chimes and leaves falling on the gentle breeze. Quite the weather contrast across the U.S. Hope that all in danger's way stay safe.

I'm wearing the Vita-Felt Royal Stetsonian that Rick passed along to me. This morning, I remembered that its production year (1946) was penciled onto the inside of the sweatband. That's the year my dad was born. Pretty nifty...

At some point, someone re-sewed the liner back in and did so crookedly. At first that bothered me and I was thinking of having that "imperfection" fixed. Then it occurred to me that we all get a bit misshapen as we go through life. It's what gives us character. So I'm going to leave this hat's character intact. That's it for my philosophical nonsense...
IMG_20161119_102601-picsay.jpg
IMG_20161119_102607-picsay.jpg
IMG_20161119_102749-picsay.jpg
IMG_20161119_102804-picsay.jpg
IMG_20161119_102942-picsay.jpg
IMG_20161119_103015-picsay.jpg
IMG_20161119_103034-picsay.jpg
IMG_20161119_103144-picsay.jpg

I wish you each a wonderful day.
Peace.

Last edited:
Thanks Matt. I was happy to find that cap, though I need another cap like I need, well, another hat. Ha ha. Apparently in the 1980s that company had a contract with Stetson. Hindered by my inability to read Norwegian I'm not sure exactly what it was about, whether making caps for them or being a distributor.

No kind of hat weather here today. Steady 21 mph wind. I don't know if the gusts to 50 mph we had yesterday are supposed to return. So a cap again.
P1210677 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Tonak Troopers
Tonak Troopers Cap by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And at 30 degrees plus the wind the Filson Double Mac can legitimately be in play.
11-19-2016 Today's Clothes Morning Edition by Michael A2012, on Flickr

That is a dandy looking Stetson Moon. Was it the Banger Brothers that had a little trouble with the law back in the 70s?

Have a great weekend all.

Michael
Dressed for the Great White North! Love the plaid trousers!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
As folks suffer in the Midwest and Great Lakes regions, we have 75° sunny weather here in Virginia Beach. I'm out in the backyard listening to birds, wind chimes and leaves falling on the gentle breeze. Quite the weather contrast across the U.S. Hope that all in dancer's way stay safe.

I'm wearing the Vita-Felt Royal Stetsonian that Rick passed along to me. This morning, I remembered that its production year (1946) was penciled onto the inside of the sweatband. That's the year my dad was born. Pretty nifty...

At some point, someone re-sewed the liner back in and did so crookedly. At first that bothered me and I was thinking of having that "imperfection" fixed. Then it occurred to me that we all get a bit misshapen as we go through life. It's what gives us character. So I'm going to leave this hat's character intact. That's it for my philosophical nonsense...
View attachment 60638 View attachment 60639 View attachment 60640 View attachment 60641 View attachment 60642 View attachment 60643 View attachment 60644 View attachment 60645
Peace.
You've been posting some great hats this week, and I love your Stetsonian!

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Matt, I too spent many a Sunday at RFK! Nothing like watching the Hogs and Riggo tear up the joint. Loved it when the bleachers would start rocking!! Not the same at FedEx.
Very cool!

I've long since moved away from the area and have only made it back for one game at FedEx. Yeah... There was no comparison. That was kind of a bummer (as is the 'Skins' now decades long championship drought!).

My, oh my... how the time just flies by.

Enjoy

Last edited:
As folks suffer in the Midwest and Great Lakes regions, we have 75° sunny weather here in Virginia Beach. I'm out in the backyard listening to birds, wind chimes and leaves falling on the gentle breeze. Quite the weather contrast across the U.S. Hope that all in dancer's way stay safe.

View attachment 60638 View attachment 60639 View attachment 60640 View attachment 60641 View attachment 60642 View attachment 60643 View attachment 60644 View attachment 60645
Peace.
A jaunty "tilt" to the liner...kinda cool!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Matt. I was happy to find that cap, though I need another cap like I need, well, another hat. Ha ha. Apparently in the 1980s that company had a contract with Stetson. Hindered by my inability to read Norwegian I'm not sure exactly what it was about, whether making caps for them or being a distributor.

No kind of hat weather here today. Steady 21 mph wind. I don't know if the gusts to 50 mph we had yesterday are supposed to return. So a cap again.
P1210677 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Tonak Troopers
Tonak Troopers Cap by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And at 30 degrees plus the wind the Filson Double Mac can legitimately be in play.
11-19-2016 Today's Clothes Morning Edition by Michael A2012, on Flickr

That is a dandy looking Stetson Moon. Was it the Banger Brothers that had a little trouble with the law back in the 70s?

Have a great weekend all.

Michael
those Woolrich style pants remind me of my old mans hunting gear ... they had suspenders built in and a matching coat

I still have all his old hunt gear ... classic stuff ... almost too warn and itchy to boot ... I guess thats why he always has the long underwear under it

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

Peace.
beautiful
seeing it look so fantastic on you I'm regretting passing it up when I had the chance ... lovely lovely piece

RJR

I love that cap! Its colors threw me into a time machine.

I grew up in the D.C. area and my best friend had season tickets to the Redskins. So, in the olden days (the '80s [emoji6]) when the 'skins were perennial beasts, I used to go to six or so games a year at RFK Stadium. I got to see some great playoff games, too. What a blast that was! The old concrete structure would literally vibrate from the noise!

I suspect that the colors represent something different (if anything) to you, but I want to thank you for bringing me such happy memories this morning.

Stay warm.

Matt
Thanks.Actually this one represents Iowa State University.Brett Stiles @ B!Wear makes caps in quite a few team colors at reasonable prices so they're fun to have and great gifts,imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff