Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bd4ffe9d94f1a1bc19ad626005b4d553.jpg

This one is for Cristina :)
fa62c14bea6a4c6f483eb1815454ae32.jpg
Love the blue!

Here today is a holiday. It is the Annunciation
2igm36c.jpg

Misty day and very cold. All the trees and the ground is frozen
6s98up.jpg

To respect the tradition of these days I propose a Barbisio that more Italian you can not
dra1c.jpg

It was done in the 70's with the characteristics of those years
5zqxya.jpg

The proportions are contained, especially the crown.
Felt
5cf708.jpg
is really soft and the ribbon a little fancy
I gave him a form as it was in vogue in those years here in Italy
2la6k1v.jpg

See this Barbisio so on my head was a long jump in the past
That's another story........

Have a nice day and thanks for the likes on the Albertini
Daniele, how wonderful! Love this color and that ribbon is just cool. It picks up the light and shows some cool texture.

Thanks Charlie.

"An eye on the prize" is a great attitude, especially when its hard to catch up and stick with stuff for long. Recovery is a great teacher of patience.

My father is a lefty, too. When he was a kid, his teachers tried to get him to write with his right hand... trying to cure him of his sinister tendencies. He always notices (and mentions) when he sees lefties and gets a kick out of contemplating "left-handedness" (he's kind of eccentrico_O). In your time in between trying to stay with things, perhaps you will get a kick out of reading this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bias_against_left-handed_people

Be well.

Matt

Making somebody use their non-dominant hand has been known to cause stuttering, for one thing. Fortunately, I've not experienced anything like that. My mom was a nurse and a smart cookie - it was never an issue. I had a kindly left-handed teacher in elementary school who patiently worked with me on my penmanship and things like tying my shoes. I view it as an advantage that I've had to adapt to a right-handed world, which enables me to better use both hands for various things. I always thight, "Hey, Jimi Hendirx and Sandy Koufax. I'm in good company!"

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
wait, what?

All good, Matt! Sure, there's some discomfort and inconvenience, but keeping an eye on the prize works for me. I'll be fine!! Thanks so much! Your lid today really works well with the changing leaves backdrop. Man, I love that lid!

I'm way behind around here, as it's a challenge to stay with anything for long. I don't even watch the tube, err, flatscreen...
Today should allow me to do so, although typing one-handed with my non-dominant hand is a challenge.
At least you seem to be able to still post noggin shots. Hope you heal quickly so you can get out and show your hats to the outside world!

It's been mid-20's to mid-30's here so I'm just going layered with a western felt outback conversion done by Mike at NW Hats. They're saying the "s" word for today and maybe freezing rain mixed in throughout the day. If I have to stop and put on chains, I don't want to be wearing nice slacks and a pristine, fancy fur felt. This old Stratton can take what mama nature dishes out. :cool:

i-2kBVzR2-XL.jpg
it is just barely starting here in the southern valley at 7:00, getting ready to brave the "non-event" in my Mallory Back Bow.

Making somebody use their non-dominant hand has been known to cause stuttering, for one thing. Fortunately, I've not experienced anything like that. My mom was a nurse and a smart cookie - it was never an issue. I had a kindly left-handed teacher in elementary school who patiently worked with me on my penmanship and things like tying my shoes. I view it as an advantage that I've had to adapt to a right-handed world, which enables me to better use both hands for various things. I always thight, "Hey, Jimi Hendirx and Sandy Koufax. I'm in good company!"

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
wait, what?

In my first grade class in the very early 1960s, we were mostly all lefties! So, no, they didn't try to change us. In my own immediate family only my son is a righty. Me, Mrs HRM, and both my daughters were all born right handed, but were intelligent enough to overcome it. No hand-me-down baseball gloves for my son!

In my first grade class in the very early 1960s, we were mostly all lefties! So, no, they didn't try to change us. In my own immediate family only my son is a righty. Me, Mrs HRM, and both my daughters were all born right handed, but were intelligent enough to overcome it. No hand-me-down baseball gloves for my son!
You must have that special left handed keyboard and mouse! Keep em' coming!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
What's that you say, 15 degrees? Windchill 3? And you want to go for a walk? Time to bring out the heavy guns.
P1220187 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Don't know what company made it, but it was made by good union hands.
P1220189 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
With the all important earflaps.
12-8-2016 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And the other 20 lbs of wool and leather. Must be time to go play.

Michael
Heavy guns indeed. That's Big Bertha right there!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Charlie.

"An eye on the prize" is a great attitude, especially when its hard to catch up and stick with stuff for long. Recovery is a great teacher of patience.

My father is a lefty, too. When he was a kid, his teachers tried to get him to write with his right hand... trying to cure him of his sinister tendencies. He always notices (and mentions) when he sees lefties and gets a kick out of contemplating "left-handedness" (he's kind of eccentrico_O). In your time in between trying to stay with things, perhaps you will get a kick out of reading this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bias_against_left-handed_people

Be well.

Matt

So, do we have the right to redress for our grievances??? ;)

Great Scott! I'm a lefty, too. But so was my Mom and she made me learn to write correctly, and NOT follow the advice of my teachers about which way to turn my paper to write something down. My younger sister is also left handed. Before the 2 youngest were born, 50% of our family was left handed. Everyone got scholarships to college except me. I played too much in school; doubt I would have even graduated if it hadn't been for the extraordinary jazz ensemble and music program our high school had going. It's the only thing that kept me there.

Anyway, hope you feel better soon Charlie. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael