Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
You know you guys keep putting up these $500 dollar hats and calling them beaters. This is a beater. The ribbon is in tatters and the remains are permanently wrinkled, the felt is unruly, the liner is a color that makes you wonder about disease every time you put it on. Portis, Club Quality,
P1220299 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Typically American
P1220288 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1220289 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Another cold and, supposedly, soon to be snowy day.
12-10-2016 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Michael

1940s Royal Stetson...
DSC02900.jpg

I am progressing quite well, thank you, Dan!! All the positive thoughts and comments flowing my way via the Lounge have been very therapeutic and helpful. I stopped the "goof ball" pain pills about 30 hours ago, so I should soon be back to my old awful self. Typing is still a challenge, but I'm fine. How does anybody write with their right hand?!

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I see you do not consider two colors that, personal opinion you would be good: green and blue.
Understood as simple colors without gradients on the side too dark and some three centimeters ribbon may give you a new perspective
I keep it pretty simple
not into too many shades of blue ... though I do have a few blue hats
I have many green hats but I do prefer browns and greys
I like simple bows and and colors that do not demand attention ... I am an earth tone kind of guy
I've also never felt as comfortable under wide ribbons as I do under thin and mid ribbons ...

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
@Michael A ... ALWAYS well turned out, you have again been raising the bar of late. Maybe I've missed postings, but has anyone in your neck of the woods run across Johnson Woolen Mills outdoor clothing?
You know Charlie, I think I just saw something from them last week. I'll have to see if I can relocate it. Looks like they make some nice stuff. I picked up a shirt jac last week from Bemidji Woolen Mills in Bemidji MN. I think they are the last mill in the state that still manufactures clothing. A similar line to Johnson's product.

Good to see you back around here. I hope you're not endangering your recovery with those selfies. You should get a tripod for the duration.

Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I still smoked when I made it. I was wearing my vaping jacket though. The movie was The Captive City (1952).

I see Daniele beat me to it, but great matchup of the hat with the clothes this morning. Great hat on it's own of course, but super outfit to go with it. That sunshine is looking good too, it's supposed to snow here today.

Michael

Matt, after seeing those shoes and socks I'm afraid I have to withdraw my former comment.:( And please, send the hat along to me so it doesn't have to suffer further ignominy of this sort. It's possible that with the proper psychiatric care it can still make a full recovery.:D
By the way, where do you find tie dye socks?

Michael

I start my weekend business off under an old black Stetson Royal DeLuxe homburg sold out of Silverwood's in California. View attachment 62254 View attachment 62255 View attachment 62256 View attachment 62257 View attachment 62258 View attachment 62259

It is a lovely cold, sunny morning. So, because sunshine... View attachment 62260 View attachment 62261 View attachment 62262

Have a happy and fun day.
I love this hat! The contrast of the burgundy ribbon is fantastic. Want! (I would also add this to my Covet List)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo