Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every night now, the temperature falls a few degrees below zero.
During the day the sun's warming is minimal, therefore the cold persists, but the winter light is fantastic
2ex1w5c.jpg

This morning everything was frozen and can not wear a hat, only caps with ear flaps
2ufwqja.jpg

In returning home I put this Tirard French made
4kfh5l.jpg

Felt medium-high density with a marked turn toward the heather
The ribbon in "hot" black and white textured reminds some of Cappellificio Cervo ribbons
fcputg.jpg

The color is called in French "nuance tweed" and changed from every angle
1qpl47.jpg

The hat comes straight from the 60s

Have a nice Saturday and thanks for the appreciations on the Panizza Kangaroo
Stay warm! We will endorse wearing ear muffs under that beautiful hat. I really like how it looks in the sunlight.

You know you guys keep putting up these $500 dollar hats and calling them beaters. This is a beater. The ribbon is in tatters and the remains are permanently wrinkled, the felt is unruly, the liner is a color that makes you wonder about disease every time you put it on. Portis, Club Quality,
P1220299 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Typically American
P1220288 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1220289 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Another cold and, supposedly, soon to be snowy day.
12-10-2016 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Michael
Yes it is just a crummy old hat, don't throw it in the trash, you send it to me and I'll take this stray in!

daddy0d0

A-List Customer
So, what's wrong with some judiciously applied moth nibbles? Nothing better than the earthy look of a hat with character!!

My Peters Bros. moth-eaten relic...
View attachment 62199 View attachment 62200

On another related topic, my wife of 37 years used to come to bed dressed in a variety of cute little attractive lingerie. Now she dresses like you in the last shot, Michael, ready to go hunting.
OMG! I laughed so hard Coke Zero shot through my nose!!:D:D

Matt, after seeing those shoes and socks I'm afraid I have to withdraw my former comment.:( And please, send the hat along to me so it doesn't have to suffer further ignominy of this sort. It's possible that with the proper psychiatric care it can still make a full recovery.:D
By the way, where do you find tie dye socks?

Michael

Don't know where Matt gets his, but @moehawk can hook you up.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Mm25

One Too Many
I give that one three likes. Very cool hat. I want to see it with about a quarter inch of frost build up. Nice looking jacket to go with it. And it's good to see I'm not the only one living in snow country.

Michael
Between your posts and the frigid Temps I was inspired to dig the coat out of the closet!

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Every night now, the temperature falls a few degrees below zero.
During the day the sun's warming is minimal, therefore the cold persists, but the winter light is fantastic
2ex1w5c.jpg

This morning everything was frozen and can not wear a hat, only caps with ear flaps
2ufwqja.jpg

In returning home I put this Tirard French made
4kfh5l.jpg

Felt medium-high density with a marked turn toward the heather
The ribbon in "hot" black and white textured reminds some of Cappellificio Cervo ribbons
fcputg.jpg

The color is called in French "nuance tweed" and changed from every angle
1qpl47.jpg

The hat comes straight from the 60s

Have a nice Saturday and thanks for the appreciations on the Panizza Kangaroo
That is just such a beautiful hat.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
You know you guys keep putting up these $500 dollar hats and calling them beaters. This is a beater. The ribbon is in tatters and the remains are permanently wrinkled, the felt is unruly, the liner is a color that makes you wonder about disease every time you put it on. Portis, Club Quality,
P1220299 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Typically American
P1220288 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1220289 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Another cold and, supposedly, soon to be snowy day.
12-10-2016 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Michael
Ha!

Fantastic, Michael!

You can't get rabies from hats can you?

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Matt, after seeing those shoes and socks I'm afraid I have to withdraw my former comment.:( And please, send the hat along to me so it doesn't have to suffer further ignominy of this sort. It's possible that with the proper psychiatric care it can still make a full recovery.:D
By the way, where do you find tie dye socks?

Michael
First... I wasn't this way until I started frequenting the Lounge.

Second... what makes you think that anymore psychiatric help will make a difference? [emoji39]

Third (and most importantly)... http://www.maggiesorganics.com/organic-cotton-crew-sock-tie-dye/

Stay warm and safe in the snow.

Peace

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
First... I wasn't this way until I started frequenting the Lounge.

Second... what makes you think that anymore psychiatric help will make a difference? [emoji39]

Third (and most importantly)... http://www.maggiesorganics.com/organic-cotton-crew-sock-tie-dye/

Stay warm and safe in the snow.

Peace

First, it must be the sinister influence of all the left handers. And LHR Rule.
Second, I'm absolutely positive you will get along just fine. My attention is completely centered on the mental condition of that poor homburg.
Third, Thanks.

Michael

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
First, it must be the sinister influence of all the left handers. And LHR Rule.
Second, I'm absolutely positive you will get along just fine. My attention is completely centered on the mental condition of that poor homburg.
Third, Thanks.

Michael
Your altruistic motives shine through. I'm convinced: the good of the hat must always come first.

What's your address? I'm in my car ready to speed to the post office.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
M.W.B. Stolzf. Luxury Velour, 1930s. This is indeed a very luxurious / dense Velour.

31421983761_a23e50fe28_c.jpg

31422019331_a063a3093d_c.jpg

31391062732_5f59f0ff3c_c.jpg

30728584793_400710e3f1_c.jpg

31165637580_6056ccd781_c.jpg

31422112861_4870d66e0d_c.jpg
M.W.B. Stolzf. Luxury Velour, 1930s. This is indeed a very luxurious / dense Velour.

31421983761_a23e50fe28_c.jpg

31422019331_a063a3093d_c.jpg

31391062732_5f59f0ff3c_c.jpg

30728584793_400710e3f1_c.jpg

31165637580_6056ccd781_c.jpg

31422112861_4870d66e0d_c.jpg
Another awesome hat. My Husband thinks we should attempt to commission you to find a 7 1/2 LO for us, as you seem to find hats that are beyond anything we find.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
1940s Royal Stetson...
View attachment 62273

I am progressing quite well, thank you, Dan!! All the positive thoughts and comments flowing my way via the Lounge have been very therapeutic and helpful. I stopped the "goof ball" pain pills about 30 hours ago, so I should soon be back to my old awful self. Typing is still a challenge, but I'm fine. How does anybody write with their right hand?!
Hope you are feeling better soon. Until then, (hell even after then) enjoy a dab or two of some Scotch...no ice...no water...

Kuki

One of the Regulars
Pulling all the stops today with this blue double brim vintage velour hat, and matching everything else. We went for a walk in Haarlem, lovely Dutch city, and tonight we're celebrating Sinterklaas (with delay, actual St. Nicholas day is 5 december).
I'm really happy to be actively following the thread, life is better with a hat on and I'm in great company over here.
74a43b2a803ae7389f4ff765f7e1896d.jpg
88619dd14a002c325dadea92819f7853.jpg

834124526bf90509dc842e0cffc9c1c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo