Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
Hello all FL hat lovers. I've been a bit out of sorts lately. MrsFed is home and I'm cheerfully thankful for that. But my troubles with the peptic ulcer/gastritis keeps flaring up. Thursday, 3 hours mid-day. Friday, about 2am - 10am, followed by a doc visit at 2pm. Quite A-OK on Saturday, and then a mega-event Sunday from 1am - 7am... and a trip to the ER to get it all back under control, complete with IV injections of pepcid and morphine.

I feel ok today with prescription doses of Prilosec but no more NSAIDs (Advil, Motrin, etc (ibuprofen) and Aleve (naproxen sodium) for my chronic pain so I'm juggling pain management between my meager supplies of prescription meds and a doc that is now on vacation.

And.... back to work. Good grief, what a day. Anyway, I've been switching between grabbing my NW Hats conversion of the Stratton western, and my LL Bean/Stetson Moose River hats. Too tired, pained, etc, to go looking in my "hat room" for something more stylish. But I promise to improve! I've been wearing my western boots because it's easier to slide on some boots than it is to tie my shoe lace with the pain in the gut I've been having.

I still love seeing the wonderful hats all of you have been posting the last few days. Some real stunners out there!

It tried to snow last night, but nothing significant. Now it's supposed to be coooooooooooolllld and clear. The sun is out now. Weird weather.

Have a great day FL faithful!

Man, I'm sorry to hear that =(

I hope everything is cured soon. Prayers your way.

Out all day running around. Haven't had a chance catch up on the thread. I'll have to do that later.

Out and about today with the Moss Green Gannon.

a830abd610e03ee4e16c0c36dbdf88e6.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
9434241f0c7f8a3c0b40db057337e793.jpg

Last edited:

40Cal

One Too Many
Hello all FL hat lovers. I've been a bit out of sorts lately. MrsFed is home and I'm cheerfully thankful for that. But my troubles with the peptic ulcer/gastritis keeps flaring up. Thursday, 3 hours mid-day. Friday, about 2am - 10am, followed by a doc visit at 2pm. Quite A-OK on Saturday, and then a mega-event Sunday from 1am - 7am... and a trip to the ER to get it all back under control, complete with IV injections of pepcid and morphine.

I feel ok today with prescription doses of Prilosec but no more NSAIDs (Advil, Motrin, etc (ibuprofen) and Aleve (naproxen sodium) for my chronic pain so I'm juggling pain management between my meager supplies of prescription meds and a doc that is now on vacation.

And.... back to work. Good grief, what a day. Anyway, I've been switching between grabbing my NW Hats conversion of the Stratton western, and my LL Bean/Stetson Moose River hats. Too tired, pained, etc, to go looking in my "hat room" for something more stylish. But I promise to improve! I've been wearing my western boots because it's easier to slide on some boots than it is to tie my shoe lace with the pain in the gut I've been having.

I still love seeing the wonderful hats all of you have been posting the last few days. Some real stunners out there!

It tried to snow last night, but nothing significant. Now it's supposed to be coooooooooooolllld and clear. The sun is out now. Weird weather.

Hope you feel better soon, Fed.

Purposely did NOT hit the "Like" button on this post, Doug....

I've also been down the road you're on, (IbuProfen for back pain, and Prilosec for the kishkes) and my heart goes out to you. It's all a delicate balance, and hard to master, even for the physicians. My personal gripe about the wonders of Prilosec is that it's difficult-to-impossible to wean yourself off of it without more tummy troubles; especially if you've been taking it for an extended period of time. Even then, it's a tapering off, not cold turkey. I ended up in the emergency room with a bleeding ulcer two weeks after my primary care guy recommended I discontinue the Prilosec. Larry The Cable Guy didn't warn me about that!!

Please feel better!!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

hey man !!!

get well ... we need ya ...

thinkin of ya brother

Hope you feel better buddy.
Good thoughts your way.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up

Hope you get better soon. Try Tylenol for the pain, as it's a non-NSAID drug. Assuming no allergies or other conflicts with anything else you are taking, of course. Be careful with dosages and dosing intervals, and make sure anything else you take doesn't already contain acetominaphen.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

Healing thoughts your way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24