Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Blue Gannon

ef3d55893e083d99cf23eb20f960fc37.jpg

Cheers!
David

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Lock and Co for Brooks Brothers and a very unique 40s two tone tie. My great grandma tailored this suit probably in the 70s when she worked at a local department store that has long been closed. I find her work in local thrift stores from time to time. Neat how things come full circle sometimes!
View attachment 65520
All ribbing aside... She did one beautiful job on that suit. That's a great legacy to leave behind for you to pair with a great looking hat.

Fantastic.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Good morning everybody! Some beautiful hats on display here again :)

That's a really nice colour hat, and that plum liner is especially beautiful. A nice liner just makes the hat feel that little bit more special when you're wearing it.

Another really nice colour. I must be one of very few people here who doesn't own one of these Akubras. Come to think of it, I think I only own one hat that isn't European...

Something went wrong with the quotation system there, but I found your reply in the end :) Thank you very much, I do try to dress well even in sub zero temperatures (or in heat waves). A hat always helps in those (or any) circumstances.

How nice to come across your great grandmother's work and be able to wear it! I am sure she would be proud of you :)

Lucky you :) They promised warmer weather here today, but it's still -2C. Of course that's not as bad as yesterday's -6...

I hope it didn't get blown off your head!

Great to see that one on your head as well! I hope one day you'll discover the origin of those mystery hats...

Love the contrasting ribbon and brim binding, very striking look.
Thx Celia

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
I CANNOT STOP wearing this damned Garfinckel's homburg... View attachment 65554 View attachment 65555 View attachment 65556 View attachment 65557
Thanks for all o' the wishes for a speedy return to health. Feeling a fair bit gooder today. (Yippee!).

And @Wesslyn your great grandma could really tailor that sh#&!!! She must've been one bad a$$ dudette. [emoji6]

Happy hatting!

Oh man -- don't let me near it -- I'll ruin our friendship and try to take it home with me...

I CANNOT STOP wearing this damned Garfinckel's homburg... View attachment 65554 View attachment 65555 View attachment 65556 View attachment 65557
Thanks for all o' the wishes for a speedy return to health. Feeling a fair bit gooder today. (Yippee!).

And @Wesslyn your great grandma could really tailor that sh#&!!! She must've been one bad a$$ dudette. [emoji6]

Happy hatting!
I'm enjoying every view of this cool Hommie! You can change to another next week. We will allow this. Glad you are on the mend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran