Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Love the Gitmoe, moe! Ever try to brush stray bunny fur off your fur felt hat? It can be quite the challenge!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Thanks Fruno!
I've not had the experience of removing rabbit fur, but if it's anywhere near as difficult as removing Jack Russell terrier hairs from anything I can imagine it would be challenging.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Just so y'all know... rabbits will eat Panama straw hats! Our friends have a rabbit, and after our first trip together to Ecuador I brought him back a Cuenca weave straw hat to wear at his wedding. Well, sometime later he left the hat out and came home from work to find his hat more than half way eaten up.
Yikes!
And we all thought moths were the worst thing for a hat! At least they have small appetites and leave our straws alone.

Kuki

One of the Regulars
In the sun today under my bow felt cap.
Sorry to hear about Smokeys passing Fruno :(
c417f41614ef810c9771d448c247789e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just so y'all know... rabbits will eat Panama straw hats! Our friends have a rabbit, and after our first trip together to Ecuador I brought him back a Cuenca weave straw hat to wear at his wedding. Well, sometime later he left the hat out and came home from work to find his hat more than half way eaten up.

Shoot, I caught Smokie eating pork roast one night. And you thought goats were bad.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Thanks! I'm at the office so I can't snap a photo of the interior =(

And actually, my guess on the date is based almost entirely on comparisons of the interior to the examples on @mayserwegener 's website. If you're interested in the hat, drop me a line -- it's a bit tight on me (7 1/8 ~22.5") and I don't wear it very often =)
I'd have to stretch it. Like you I'm a 7 1/4 (?) Bud I do love it so...

Hey all!
Even though I never met the bunny, I am still saddened by Smokie's passing. In her honor I'm going rabbit-free today with this straw. Besides, it's a great excuse to wear the Gitmoe again.

f627b260a1033a323a6b01cd257f7fd8.jpg
f69228f90b6bc7a7d90fcfc67ce81e25.jpg
05e0472a9c37c4109197b862344b8aed.jpg

Beavers will not enjoy the same protection if today's nice weather doesn't hold.
Have a great day!

Sent from thin air using electricity and other wizardry.
This is a nice gesture Moe. I don't think any of us keep a live beaver as a pet, although as an Oregon State alum I have considered it. Great straw.

Celia

A-List Customer
I've returned to the land of the living (I think everyone's had the flu this winter!) only to see hundreds of hats to catch up with here... I am sure you all look great, but I'll check them all out later.

Two hat day today to make up for all the hatless days in bed. Sorry for the blurry pics, must remember to stop walking when taking photos next time. My brain still doesn't qute work properly...

Fernandez y roche this morning. Tried these smaller dents for a change, but I'm not sure about them, may go back to larger/lower ones.

image_zpsqfrp01lv.jpeg

Céline Robert this afternoon/evening (more suited to the windy day). Unfortunately it started getting dark when I took the pic so you can barely see the hat. I'm pretty sure I've posted it here before though...

image_zpsnnlro8sn.jpeg

Celia

A-List Customer
Favorite Resistol today.
I wish I could get the color if this suit better in photos. It's something else.
View attachment 67711
Looking good as always Wess, the pattern/colours/fabric of that suit look really nice. Great tie too!

Hey all!
Even though I never met the bunny, I am still saddened by Smokie's passing. In her honor I'm going rabbit-free today with this straw. Besides, it's a great excuse to wear the Gitmoe again.

f627b260a1033a323a6b01cd257f7fd8.jpg

Beavers will not enjoy the same protection if today's nice weather doesn't hold.
Have a great day!

Sent from thin air using electricity and other wizardry.
Very nice! It's finally starting to get a bit warmer again here, can't wait till the weather's nice enough for straws...

Behaving subversively in my D'Aquino fedora.

49b0e9a5ec227c98fd5a7a710120e95b.jpg
Oooh great colour ribbon and binding!

Hückel Weilheim "Flexible"

32560181710_5085096d19_c.jpg

32787409662_3e29a0efca_c.jpg

32126338093_e49550c692_c.jpg
Another beauty, but of course I expect no less from you ;) Love the brim on this one...

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
I've returned to the land of the living (I think everyone's had the flu this winter!) only to see hundreds of hats to catch up with here... I am sure you all look great, but I'll check them all out later.

Two hat day today to make up for all the hatless days in bed. Sorry for the blurry pics, must remember to stop walking when taking photos next time. My brain still doesn't qute work properly...

Fernandez y roche this morning. Tried these smaller dents for a change, but I'm not sure about them, may go back to larger/lower ones.

image_zpsqfrp01lv.jpeg

Céline Robert this afternoon/evening (more suited to the windy day). Unfortunately it started getting dark when I took the pic so you can barely see the hat. I'm pretty sure I've posted it here before though...

image_zpsnnlro8sn.jpeg
Wonderful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner