Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to google Agent Carter, is that bad? I don't watch much TV... Looks cool! That's given me another ribbon idea - and apparently my next lazy halloween costume, got the clothes, hat and lipstick already, thanks :)

Nah, the reason her show didn't last is because of low ratings - so you're not the only one!

This is the one I "made" for my wife. I ordered an unfinished hat from D'Aquino Hats (Portugal). It's a FEPSA felt. Picked up the ribbon on eBay, and my wife found a post WWII era Allied Victory pin to put the icing on the cake. She really likes it.

Picture29.jpg
Picture30.jpg

Jeez... This whole post is full of answers that are non-answers. Oh well...

Enjoy.

Danged lawyers!

Nah, the reason her show didn't last is because of low ratings - so you're not the only one!

This is the one I "made" for my wife. I ordered an unfinished hat from D'Aquino Hats (Portugal). It's a FEPSA felt. Picked up the ribbon on eBay, and my wife found a post WWII era Allied Victory pin to put the icing on the cake. She really likes it.

View attachment 68043 View attachment 68044

Danged lawyers!
Wow Jim, that hat is really something! Your wife must be stunning in it. Wish I could get my wife off the dime on deciding on a hat. This may not be the best ribbon choice for Christina in Spain, but it shows how a red hat can stand out!

That is similar to what I was thinking as I finished writing that post. Of course, even that <<<<< sentence is contingent upon what the definition of "is" is.
(Please shoot me.)

More importantly... Hell of a job on that D'Aquino. That's a sweet lookin' lid ya put together for Mrs. Fruno.

Wow Jim, that hat is really something! Your wife must be stunning in it. Wish I could get my wife off the dime on deciding on a hat. This may not be the best ribbon choice for Christina in Spain, but it shows how a red hat can stand out!

Thanks, gents, but all I did was sew the ribbon and bow on. Luisa of D'Aquino actually made the hat. She likes this and also wears a 3X OR I found for her at an antique mall.

Lovely Nutria!

The more I look at that hat, the more extraordinary it becomes. That is BLACK black. And the brim treatment is really, really fantastic... Simply stunning, Alan.

Man, that's amazing.

Stared at this post for a while Alan, just Wow! The condition of this piece of history is breathtaking.

Thank you very much for looking and writing back. This is a favorite of mine. The fit is perfect and the dimensions are not excessively western so easy for me to wear in many settings. The felt feels like new. And the Fray sweatband, which has seen wear is so remarkably supple and strong it seems to have another hundred years left in it. My favorite story on this was the message I got from the seller after the auction... she wrote "I hope you enjoy it. I think it's vintage."

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
Thank you very much for looking and writing back. This is a favorite of mine. The fit is perfect and the dimensions are not excessively western so easy for me to wear in many settings. The felt feels like new. And the Fray sweatband, which has seen wear is so remarkably supple and strong it seems to have another hundred years left in it. My favorite story on this was the message I got from the seller after the auction... she wrote "I hope you enjoy it. I think it's vintage."

Wow -- I wonder how the seller came to possess it... Maybe inherited from another family member? Or an estate sale? Regardless -- so cool that you have this piece in your collection. Do you keep it in a special case when it's being stored?

Wow -- I wonder how the seller came to possess it... Maybe inherited from another family member? Or an estate sale? Regardless -- so cool that you have this piece in your collection. Do you keep it in a special case when it's being stored?

I don't think she had a connection with it other than finding it in a sale of some sort. Her comment came from being unsure whether it was new or old... it was that clean and fresh. I don't keep it in a box or case. I wear it often. I keep most of my favorite hats on the top of the piles so I remember I have them.

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
I don't think she had a connection with it other than finding it in a sale of some sort. Her comment came from being unsure whether it was new or old... it was that clean and fresh. I don't keep it in a box or case. I wear it often. I keep most of my favorite hats on the top of the piles so I remember I have them.

That's so awesome... I keep mine out on the shelf as well. So far, no moth issues =)

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
i like the colour and the hatband Michael
Thanks, I really like the color of both and how they play together.

Yesssss! Great Whippet Michael. I do like that rich brown blazer. I have a black one, but I would love this color.
Thanks Red. I think that was a first outing for the blazer. I put conditioner on it last night and today it and the Whippet saw a bit of rain. They both came though in fine fettle.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner