Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
felt like a Campdraft day... I won't fight it

e6e9625251873bf42d62754f84e4781e.jpg

1922ee7054049e324571985318db18f9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You wear it so well!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Grey day and some cold wind in the Friday morning
2m637n7.jpg

Barbisio Classic Qualità Extra - Extra
b8lr8l.jpg

Overwelted brim and contrasting ribbon
soltfp.jpg

Medium green felt with a soft touch
n5226h.jpg

Color "Liguria" hat made after the Barbisio closed factory three hundreds meters further in Cappellificio Cervo
2kr021.jpg

Classic Barbisio logo
x51pgh.jpg

Have a nice Friday!

Thanks for the likes on the brown Barbisio mixed felt
Daniele, that's such a wonderful hat!

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I definitely want to hold a $10,000 Montecristi in my mitts so I can (hopefully) see why they cost that much. I've held the 200-400$ range and they are exquisite, I just don't know how they can be improved to match the five-digit increase!
I have a couple on the 500 range and those are so beautiful, it amazes me to find that a human being can do such a piece of art with his bare hands.

Worth every penny

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
My wife has relatives in Manabi, which is just south of Montecristi. Her cousin said I should wait until next year to travel into the area as it continues to be fairly lawless since the 7.8 magnitude earthquake that struck there in April 2016. Who knows, she may bring some hats down to Guayaquil for us on our trip this year.

We do have a trip planned to Cuenca this year with my wife's sister and brother-in-law. We'll check out the local weavers and also visit the Homero Ortega factory again. The picture in my avatar of the straw hat bodies was taken at the Ortega hat factory on my first trip to Ecuador in 2012. If I see a sweet hat for myself I'm sure to buy it. How can I resist?

There's a lot of high reputation and "brand recognition" when it comes to hats from Montecristi... and it's well earned. But I've also seen some phenomenal hats from Cuenca... the ones that take 6 months to a year or more to finish.
Hey Diego, maybe you can buy one for me, I will write my size on the back of a couple of Bennys so you won't forget about it !!! [emoji6]

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I've just been running errands, paying bills, went to the courthouse to review a file for a co-worker who was surprised by a writ of garnishment. Grabbed copies and argued with the court clerk about post judgment interest and the proof of service... seems they changed the law a few years ago regarding the interest without sending me any notice whatsoever. How rude!

Wearing a sweet black cherry "Rofolfo" from Michael Gannon somehow makes it all A-OK!

i-r6Rf7xM-XL.jpg

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I've just been running errands, paying bills, went to the courthouse to review a file for a co-worker who was surprised by a writ of garnishment. Grabbed copies and argued with the court clerk about post judgment interest and the proof of service... seems they changed the law a few years ago regarding the interest without sending me any notice whatsoever. How rude!

Wearing a sweet black cherry "Rofolfo" from Michael Gannon somehow makes it all A-OK!

i-r6Rf7xM-XL.jpg
That's a great hat with a cool name on it !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou